A6 -I MUST get Demonslayer early!

I recently wondered, ' should i have a fighter use the adrenaline rush battle discipline ' (or whatever it is) and run the distance to the body beside the Haakai, pick up the valuables, possibly die, then have the rest of my party calmly walk downstairs and revive him with the treasure in hand?

Has everyone else been doing this? I'm still on Lark's Orb of Thralni assignment, so I could hold onto Demonslayer for a while. However, should I return Demonslayer when she asks for it?

Now is it also scripted so that I can't attack the Haakai properly without X being there? I was wondering if I could have my characters attack the Haakai in waves, where one survivor goes downstairs and through the town gate to heal everyone after they die, until the damage I've inflicted accumulates enough to trigger... whatever it is that grants me access the body.

If it completely depends on the progression of the "X's Anvil" arc, just tell me "seriously, you can't get it yet."

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
It's totally scripted so you can't access the body before the fight has reached a certain point. No luck on gaining Demonslayer until Jeff wants you to get it.

You can't get it.

—Alorael, who recommends giving up and coming back when the fight is plausible and the plot agrees.

yes, this pissed me off too, but to answer your question, the one thing that really makes it impossible for you to just bum-rush him mindlessly is the death curse: without the basins in the north to cure it, no matter how resistant you were to him, you'd take something like 6k damage when the death curse takes its toll. going down is not an option because the worms respawn and i assume that since you aren't finishing the anvil quest you can't fight 12 worms and the haakai at the same time tongue

trust me, I tried

• 1 month later...

I seem to be stuck on this quest now... I was in the area earlier in the game and drank whatever was in the basins, they are empty now.

I don't have any problems staying alive until the death curse kicks in. I've gotten the Haakai down to about 1/3 health and he still won't let me pick up demonslayer. He heals himself about every two rounds.

My characters are all level 37-41, and I am coming into the fight with every possible advantage, but I still can't seem to knock its health down quick enough before it heals.

Am I just not strong enough for the fight? Have I screwed myself over by drinking from the basins earlier in the game? Or am I missing something else?

Originally Posted By: Lilith
Have you talked to X on the second floor of the tower yet? The basins won't fill until you do.

If you haven't yet completed X's anvil quests and asked him to help you out against the haakai, go do that.

I will talk to X again... I did complete the anvil quest and I do have the demonslayer quest, so I must have missed something in our conversation!