Late to the podcast.

Rowen

So, I am rather late into the podcast world and have just started listening to a few free podcasts off of iTunes. So for I listen to Today in the Past, APR Prairie Home Companion, CBC Wiretap, and NPR Wait wait don't tell me.

Since I'm late to the world of podcasts I was hoping some of you could refer some free podcasts that you enjoy. Just so you know I listen to podcasts when I walk to and from class. Thanks in advance.

I listened to TMBG's podcast for a while, but eventually I stopped when they became less of a show and more of just a collection of rare songs and interviews. I was a big fan of Cecil Portesque, the Duke of Dead Air, but after about a year I think they stopped putting him in their podcasts.

Other than that I'm not really a podcaster/podcastee.

Um...thank you, i was not aware something called a podcast existed, but then again i also used up a ?explicate (wikipedia for everyone not versed in llloydology) and need another to replace as it was my last not in reserves, and i'm out of patience right now.

so in seriousness, is a podcast like a radio show or something like that? except on the web? that's what it seemed like to me, since it's friday i can't wait just a few hours and ask my friends who don't live in caves for anything having to do with culture non video game related.

In not-really-related news, I'm looking for a free/opensourced alternative to Adobe Soundbooth. Any suggestions? It has to do all the same stuff, like adding channels/eliminating background noice, etc.

When I was at college for the summer I found out that I could have good audio even with a shitty microphone. Being the perfectionist I am, I now refuse to produce anything with such crappy audio.

I get World News and Digital Planet from BBC, Counterspin, and Chaosradio from the German Chaos Computer Club. Or I used to get them till I set up my new computer, and haven't resubscribed yet.

I don't listen to them regularly either, particularly the long and fast-updating ones like BBC.