3rd Guardpost, Hall of Many Pillars

Court

Hey all, i'm currently playing through Exile 2 and have gotten stuck in the Third Guardpost, Hall of Many Pillars puzzle. I've figured out how to open the 2nd porticullis, and i've blasted the rock for acess to the secret passage, but for the life of me cant figure out how to open the 1st porticullis. I just keep getting teleported back to the beginning of the room. anyone else have a tough time with this place? Thanks -Court

Once you have the various rituals, passwords and the onyx scepter, that is where you go to destroy the Empire Mass Teleporter.

To get the onyx scepter you must go to the imprisoned Sulfras's lair and free her/him from the chains (can't remember exactly how) run out of the town from the quickfire, then go back and get it.

I think when you go back it's hidden in the north-west of the chamber, over some lava.

Go west of fort remote- Have a strong party or all 3 passes and go to the far north in this area. You can fight through all the gates. If you come to a place with two huge statues that spawn basalisks your in the right direction but the wrong place! Don't try to get by this way. Fort Remote is in the far South-west of the Great Cavern

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't want to sound mean but I think you're asking too many questions. The fun of the game is figuring it out for yourself and walkthroughs should only be for finding a specific answer if you get stuck. Your first question was ok but the next one was way too broad. The Exile games are meant to give you many hours of gameplay but if you read an entire walkthrough first, then you're basically wasting your money and cheating yourself out of the fun it was intended for. My suggestion is take a break for a couple days, then come back to it and you'll be ready to do some more thinking and fighting. If you have a specific question we're still happy to help.