New main menu tabs

Acky

Quote:
I'm indifferent. Something bothers me a little bit about the logo now being on a backdrop from one specific game, but everything looks fine.

Jeff probably wants to promote A6 some more, since it seems to be doing really well. I'll put my Geneforge prejudice aside. Maybe.

Quote:
SW's homepage has looked many different ways. Personally, I still like the light wood-grain pattern from 2006 best. But all of them are nice.

When was the last time it got changed? It was like that since I first came here, which is pre-Avernum 5.

The home page was last changed in the very beginning of 2005. So it's been about five years. Probably time for a change.

—Alorael, who doubts the change was intended to plug A6. The logo background doesn't actually mention A6, so the only people who would notice are the ones who have already downloaded and at least seen the splash image of the game.

Originally Posted By: Verbose PDN is verboten.
...the only people who would notice are the ones who have already downloaded and at least seen the splash image of the game.

Well not really, seeing how the A6 splash-screen is the first image below the new header, everybody who goes to SW's front page will see it.

Edit: Ack, a moment too slow!

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
Quote:
I'm indifferent. Something bothers me a little bit about the logo now being on a backdrop from one specific game, but everything looks fine.

Jeff probably wants to promote A6 some more, since it seems to be doing really well. I'll put my Geneforge prejudice aside. Maybe.

I won't. The Shaper in the G5 graphic would make a better background, especially with Jeff's face photoshopped (poorly of course) in, and a copy of A6 instead of a wingbolt.

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
You're the slow one, not me.

"Ack" is an exclamation as well as a shortening of your name.

—Alorael, who considered the presence of A6 right under the header. He's decided that the header is long-term and the announcement is not. Will the header sell A6 in the five years to come? Probably not.

Originally Posted By: Artie Luv
NO. NOT IF THE DUMB SCHOOL CHANGES IT'S VENDING MACHINES FROM SODA TO WATER. WHERE THE FUHSHIZNIT IS MY COKE?

~Artemis and coke. Noone I know likes it but me. Figures.

As much as I hate America's abuse of soda, bottled water annoys me even more.

If its taste can be described as "funny" then evidently it's not normal. tongue

I'm lucky, because the tap water where I live is good anyway and doesn't really need filtering. I just wish the pipes at UMass Boston weren't rusty, forcing me to buy bottled beverages anyway.

Go drink the water from the tap in Santiago Chile. You can drink it and it is clean but unless you are used to it you will get sick for a bit. You can smell the chlorine in the water every time you turn on the tap. but the fact is the water is drinkable. Something we often do not think of as a luxury.