Agent (G2)

Potato

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Parry's +5 bonus is freaking awesome. As a Guardian, nothing can hit you. Incredible.

...meaning 10 points blocks half the time. Seriously, the skill is amazing.

Actually, having just started a replay of GF2 with a Guardian, I've noticed that hit chance seems to be really low across the board. Nothing can touch me, but my hit chance with melee weapons seems to be pretty horrible also.

Yes, I know the benefits of Parry, I'm also running a guardian right now, and his parry is pumped up to 20. Literally untouchable (except for those pesky gazers, they are very annoying and I have to kill them in one round or they'll one hit kill me). However, so far, I am seriously not getting hit at all. I don't think that it will get any worse too, as I do not have strong daze yet (in awakened + zakary's area). I have forty points stockpiled up now, and I can pump parry to 10 if I use them all. But I think that there are other things it could be spent on to make it better like Intelligence, Magic, or even Shaping.

EDIT: I still don't know what to do. A quick check allows me to see that these forty points can boost Battle Magic +4 to 14, +4 Spellcraft to 10, or give me 6 in a shaping skill, or and 4 into intelligence.

Agents do not need and will never need Shaping skills. You can forget Shaping. I would suggest a combo of Parray and battle magic. I'm actually surprised you're in awakend land with only 4 Battle magic. Focus on magic, you're an agent.

Also for your guardian. If you ever run out of things to put your points into (Effectivly) than put them into Dex. That means you get hit less and when you do get hit you parry it or relfect it.

I have 10 battle magic and 6 spellcraft. What I meant was I could boost them both by four if I used all of my 40 skill points.

And I am really not getting hit. I don't think that there will any problems between where I am now and when I get Strong Daze, which iirc, should daze everything, even Gazers and such.

EDIT: I'm on Torment.

Another EDIT: Yeah, I got Parry. Stupid clawbugs...

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
My Barzite Shaper managed to get 4 of them with intelligence at 2. He literally had no essence to even cast heal, but with 4 Eyebeasts, nothings really going to be a problem anyway. I don't believe its possible to have that many. There just isn't enough essence without cheating.

You must mean 20. Otherwise, you would have to be at about level 400.

In G2, one hit from an eyebest makes the creature lose their turn. I had three once. The challenge area, with no buffs and no healing, plus AI on, felt like Jeff wasn't even trying. The Drakon Emperor never got a single hit on me.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
My Barzite Shaper managed to get 4 of them with intelligence at 2. He literally had no essence to even cast heal, but with 4 Eyebeasts, nothings really going to be a problem anyway. I don't believe its possible to have that many. There just isn't enough essence without cheating.

You must mean 20. Otherwise, you would have to be at about level 400.

In G2, one hit from an eyebest makes the creature lose their turn. I had three once. The challenge area, with no buffs and no healing, plus AI on, felt like Jeff wasn't even trying. The Drakon Emperor never got a single hit on me.

...I'm totally confused as to what you're talking about. 20 what?

20 intelligence, since it would be impossible to have 4 eyebeasts with 2 intelligence EVER without SUPER CHEATING. a more ominous form of cheating that goes duhn...duhn...DUUUUUUHN. but after that it's impossible to die, side effects include overempowerment, false feeling of accomplishment, and empty feeling inside that says "you had to cheat, way to go loser", that you have to keep telling "shut up" until a rationale for the cheating is formed.

I believe it was a little past 20, yes, but that really isn't at all that hard. Quite literally, I did a run through on easy pumping nothing else but intelligence. It was most certainly not optimal, and I had to use an editor to raise my Lead/Mech by the time I reached Medab. But it was fun, and damn it, I'd do it again if it wasn't for your meddling posters.

Actually

My Barzite Shaper managed to get 4 of them with intelligence at 2
that does not specify whether the eybeast or shapers intelligence was at 2, though kinda obvious not shaper's cause yes impossible if it's shapers, as mentioned like 900 kafillion times already

Immediately before that post, however, Hyp said:

Quote:
Has anyone ever had seven Eyebeasts in their party? I would immagine they would destroy everything then

Which implies that I was respond to his question, since I didn't quote an earlier post. I suppose I could have said that I had managed 4 Eyebeats, all of which had two points of intelligence in them. I thought it was obvious.

Pumping nothing but intelligence and making as many creations as possible is actually a pretty good strategy for a Shaper. I mean, you also want a bit of blessing and healing magic, and some shaping skills, but essence is the most important thing in the world for a Shaper.

eyebeasts, my would-be best creation in game. unfortunately i think they look creepy and although have a cool tone and feeling about them i think it looks much more awsome to have (giant) dragons BURN EVERYTHING BURN. if i was not, damn i had something really good to say but got a soda and forgot. now i feel dumb for such a short attention span

• 2 months later...