Pruning of General Forum

Spidweb

But without an actual document for people to read it's like half anarchy, with a police force. people will not be able to easily see that this is a place of worship, er intelligence, and that nice is needed, and nothing will have said otherwise, and everything will burn. in conclusion i would like it to be put up, also casual fridays, except casual fridays, or at least whenever someone sees a new member to say this is an intelligent forum and "don't be a jerk". Or we could set aflame to anyone who spams, personally i think any or a combination of any of these would work effectively enough.

I was going to point out that you have to confirm that you have read the rules to register an account, but checking the registration page reveals that in fact you only have to agree to be bound by them. This interacts curiously with the fact that rules do, actually, explicitly require all members to read them.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I didn't read them, just like I never read the TERMS OF AGREEMENT (in caps of course), when I install a piece of software. I just check the box and move on. This probably makes me a horrible person.

That can be dangerous with some companies when you find out later that you agreed to buy lots of junk and they already have your credit card number from purchasing that piece of software.

In any case, the Spiderweb CoC is not legalese, it's now displayed in several places, and it really helps to read it. Although yes, it mostly comes down to "don't be a jerk."

—Alorael, who would say that was the point of the CoC rewrite. The earlier version was somewhat legalish. The new one is more exasperated at how some people choose to comport themselves on the internet.