Av3: Tower of Magi

Playing with time actually doesn't cause any problems that I have been able to find. I've also never gotten changed dates to trigger the ToM disaster if the date was set far past 161, or even at 161. I believe setting it to 150 and resting a lot worked, but I wouldn't swear to it.

—Alorael, who sincerely hopes the ToM disaster isn't set to a timer that just counts the turns you've taken. That would be horrific.

Originally Posted By: Tennojutsu
Horrific in the sense of programming that bothers me, not horrific in any kind of dangerous or scary sense.

I don't think that's the case, since people have apparently advanced the day counter and then simply rested a lot to get that event to trigger.

Originally Posted By: Tennojutsu
—Alorael, who wonders why there are no Potions of Yesterday. As long as time is malleable the game might as well take advantage of it.

This *would* be funny, although it'd screw up quests if the NPCs think they hadn't given them to you yet. I'm thinking of blundering around training to the max and then drinking enough potions to return you to the start of the game. Then you could just steamroll right over the major baddies and ignore the small fry.

Imagine in A3 going to Ghikra, walking calmly up to an unsuspecting Rentar, and then stabbing the treacherous cow right in the gut. Damn statisfying.

Originally Posted By: Orifushi Mafuyu
Imagine in A3 going to Ghikra, walking calmly up to an unsuspecting Rentar, and then stabbing the treacherous cow right in the gut. Damn statisfying.

Minus the time-travel aspect, this is the kind of option I'd like to include in a remake of Avernum 3.