Anaximander's Necklace (E3)

Lauren CW

you could try... summoning a monster to the room next to him, then attacking the monster so it turns hostile then let it fight with him. If he's dead he won't care if you take his necklace. Or do it in a corner of the room so that if he wants to fight it he has to get off his chair, but it won't work if he can't move due to his programming. I also am unsure if attacking a friendly summoned monster will turn the rest of the town hostile on you or not. Guess you never know till you try.

BTW if you can get him off his chair then you can create fire barriers between you and him so he can't see you steal it.

• 4 weeks later...

Protective Circle doesn't harm things the moment it is cast, so that is the best way to go. Quickfire would be a little extreme, but still possible. I doubt the Fire Barrier thing would work because the game calculates from whether a person can see THE ITEM, not you. I'm pretty sure whatever is directly in a barrier is still considered seen.

What i did to kill Erika and not have to fight the doomguards was to cast bladewall on her but not put the target on her. She won't turn hostile if you dont damage her while still in combat mode. Cast blade wall,get out of combat mode, then let here get damaged, save the game just in case she turns hostile and just repeat the process until she's dead.

The easy way to kill Erika is as follows: cast Protective Circle so the blade wall hits one of her doomguards, and then run and hide in another room. The doomguard will split, and whenever a doomguard splits the new one is always hostile, even if the original is friendly. The new doomguard will fight the old one, but as they damage each other the room will fill with hostile doomguards. Once they finish off the one friendly doomguard they'll swarm Erika, who will waste most of her time on spells like Firestorm and Divine Thud that do nothing, or summoning monsters that do more harm than good. It'll take awhile, because Erika will heal herself a lot, but eventually she runs out of SP and the doomguards will bring her down. It's boring, but it's also pretty foolproof.

Or, alternatively, you can get the protective amulets from the Bunker in New Cotra, and just fight her. Note that her doomguards do not move- if you don't attack them or go near them, they won't bother you at all. Makes the fight worlds easier.