Hype: Escape!

Neossokrass

Me and Acky have been working jointly together on a scenario project for the last 3 or so months (coincidental inspired by the events earlier this year over SV and CRF).

Part of Pralgad had undergone a brief civil war during the events of A5. With Prazzac dead, a rebellious general named Kyma broke off contact with the rest of the Empire, and founded the unofficial nation of New Hawthorne, located at the northeastern corner of the continent (map taken from a graphics designer called Luz). Of course, the rest of the Empire didn't take kindly to this. They mounted a full scale assault on the rebellious. Due to the natural defenses of the area, and the brilliant tactics of General Kyma herself, the assault has seen little success.

This is your chance! You chance to achieve greatness and virtue! Your chance to be hailed as heroes of the Empire, and to cast down this traitorous rebel.

Unfortunately, you were captured within the first week. How tragic.

You have spent the last 4 months in an interment camp known as Fort Loyalty with your fellow captured soldiers. Here you mindlessly break your backs to forge weapons for the rebels. Every day, you sit there, gazing into the sky. If only you could escape...

And that's the basic premise of the scenario. You play as a group of rookie Empire soldiers who must find a way to escape the fortress island before its too late. Splitting the work between us, I'm reasonably sure that we can release this before the end of the year. Its only 5 towns and 1 outdoor section. Lots of dialog though.

I don't have anything on my end that I'm comfortable with enough to post a screenshot of. I'm not that good at drawing.

Sounds awesome.

And about screenshots, don't worry about whether it's super-shiny. Half of a hype thread's purpose is to allow for some feedback in the early stages of design. Even if you're only using default graphics, you can make some really cool-looking stuff (like Imagine This Scenario, for example).

Also, screenshots are a big part of the fun of hype threads. tongue

• 1 month later...