Beta Call: Warp

Ephesos

Hooray!

If you don't mind that it'll probably take me a few days to get back to you:

Name: Dikiyoba

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista (I should be able to do either one.)

E-mail: Dikiyoba(at)gmail(dot)com

Favorite Species of Bird: Dikiyoba isn't sure what the answer to this question should be. There are so many good choices!

Mine is sent. The only major things you need to pay attention to is the potential plot hole and the Readme. The rest was mainly me trying to break the scenario in any way possible.

That said, I don't think you're supposed to be able to kill the same character five different times in the span of one scenario. tongue

Originally Posted By: Nioca
That said, I don't think you're supposed to be able to kill the same character five different times in the span of one scenario. tongue

I'd just like to say, for the record...

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!

...right. Anyway, once Diki and Turtle report in, this thing is ready to ship.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos

I'd just like to say, for the record...

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!?!

Well, you see, there's a reason you always include a few actual bugs in the scenario. Otherwise, the beta testers get bored and start doing weird stuff like that. tongue

But seriously, giving an NPC 15 coins and a healing potion to drop is a temptation in and of itself. Enabling the player to kill that NPC five times, thus reaping what amounts to a living treasury and alchemist's shop? That's just asking for trouble.

Also, that spell increase problem. It appears in the message pane, so a player that doesn't check that regularly might not notice. And yes, I do have the latest version of Blades. Anyway, just inserting the following code right after the spell increases in the achden.txt creature script resets the pane to blank, showing only the "Now Entering:" thing.
Code:
clear = 0;	while (clear < 63) {		print_str(" ");		clear = clear + 1; }

EDIT: As an aside, it took me roughly five hours to make this post. Stupid distractions...

Also, that spell increase problem. It appears in the message pane, so a player that doesn't check that regularly might not notice.

I have not been able to replicate this. It does not appear for me.

EDIT: Confirmed as a Windows-only bug.