A3 - final battle

it wouldn't be so hard if it wouldn't have every single thing summoning everything they can.

just when i clear the area and leave combat mode someone goes and summons up demons who summon shades who summon chitrachs which fill up the entire platform so that i cant access the control panel! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

It often makes sense not to bother with combat mode once you get close enough to the platform. You don't need to kill everything, you just need to kill the one thing in front of you to advance another step.

—Alorael, who finds the final battle of A3 to be one of the best fights of the game. The two sides quickly become huge, and they are both inconvenient. In fact, he's found that powerful parties have an easier time without Erika's summoning madness.

Erika's summoning madness? Rentar's that too, even with someone parked right beside her (melee distance) she'd rather conjure hydras etc.

A couple clouds of blades takes care of the riffraff, it shreds summons as soon as they pop in, it doesn't bother the two mages, and friendlies don't complain if they get hit. I love that spell.

I had some gazers out but apparently Rentar's a bottomless pit of mp. Kinda bogus, that. If I could take on 4 Crystal Souls simultaneously at Tinraya she certainly shouldn't be too hard to handle.

In one iteration of the battle I summoned Crystal Souls and Vahnatai Lords and let them kill Rentar's help. I wonder why that didn't trigger a rant from Rentar, being forced to fight twisted unholy copies of vahnatai like that.

Originally Posted By: lifeguardernie
there was a thread somewhere once about actual sitting down and fighting rentar but only knocking her down to one health
might be in exile 3 though

this? http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=155043&page=1

this? http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthr...true#Post108949

• 5 weeks later...