A2 Fine Crystal

Yeah, it's a case like that where you end up selling every one of a "vendor trash" item, only to find out later that you need to give one/some to an NPC, only to find out that you picked up every one in the game and sold them, that the Character Editor becomes your friend.

I won't touch the thing normally unless I make a "dead-end" save in which my Party is 100% unable to survive/return to a town under their own power, but I think a situation like the one I just described is a fine use for it - after all, you're penalized for carrying too much trash around, and then game penalizes you for not carrying all your trash around. Fight back with the Editor! =p

Originally Posted By: Marak
- after all, you're penalized for carrying too much trash around, and then game penalizes you for not carrying all your trash around.

Been bitten by this before, heh. Nowadays in games which let you store stuff somewhere I keep at least one of every single object in my designated caches.

I just dump everything in the Portal Fort (A4/5) or Fort Emergance (A3) or, well, dumping things in A2 is bear no matter how you look at it =p

The problem with this method is two-fold: less money in your coffers (no big deal in A3) and digging thru 5 dozen icons in the "On the Ground" area of the lewt screen. Fun times wink

Yeah, it annoyed me that after a certain number of items on the same tile, looking at it would merely say "You see: many items" - because I generally drop my loot in related piles. Like, pile A for so-so jewelry, pile B for so-so armor, pile C for wands, etc. A filter would've been nice on the pickup screen, although I guess on a mere popup that would be a bit much. Oh well.

Originally Posted By: Orifushi Mafuyu
Yeah, it annoyed me that after a certain number of items on the same tile, looking at it would merely say "You see: many items" - because I generally drop my loot in related piles. Like, pile A for so-so jewelry, pile B for so-so armor, pile C for wands, etc. A filter would've been nice on the pickup screen, although I guess on a mere popup that would be a bit much. Oh well.

I did same and due massive amounts of weapons, armors, wands, scrolls, etc party gets at end of game it took a while to collect and sell all what isn't needed.