Crystal Souls under Tinraya Keep

Now that I'm playing A3, I vaguely remember from E3 that you speak to a Crystal Soul near the end of the game, but I don't recall meeting a bunch of hostile ones here under E3's Tinraya.

This thread ( http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthr...=true#Post36820 ) tells me I'd be better off just running past them, but of course the Adventurers' Code demands that I slay them. After having made a backup save, of course.

I noticed that regardless of which 3 Crystal Souls you pulverize the message is always the same, Rentar becomes furious at you for killing "Jekknol-Bok, Lorta-Bok, and Vynas-Bok". I recognize Vynas btw, but the other two are new? They all appear to be simply tagged as "Crystal Soul".

Hmm, wonder if they're good simulacrum material? They're immobile and have crap melee though, and my experience with caster-type summons is that they'll spend all their time summoning other creatures, ugh.

It would be fun to toss some simulacrum copies at Rentar during the final battle to see her reaction. Surely lasering photocopies of your gramps violates some sort of taboo.

In Avernum 5 I attacked Eprion-Bok and was surprised when the crystal soul moved across the screen into melee with me.

You are supposed to use the Bunker Weapon against them.

In at least Exile 3, destroying a crystal soul will also cause some other changes later in the game.

Jekknol-Bok and Vyvnas-Bok are two of the three crystal souls you rescue as a main quest in A2. Jekknol is the one who goes irrevocably insane, although he maybe got better(ish) for A3. Lorta-Bok is a minor character in A2 who appears in the shrine full of crystal souls.

A3 also changes the vahnatai lands slightly depending on whether you kill crystal souls. In particular, Bon-Ihrno won't help you or even speak to you if you do. You're supposed to avoid fighting them with the Thought Crystal, but running past them actually works just as well.

—Alorael, who wonders if the other crystal souls also support Rentar and just don't appear to fight you or if the moderates like Caffren-Bok find a way stay uninvolved.

Hmm, didn't realise I had to pick up the weapon from The Bunker before venturing here; I thought that was for the last area only. Running past the 4 hostile Crystal Souls is a cinch though, and I even managed to snag a soul copy.

Assuming the 4 hostile Crystal Souls hang around Tinraya I suppose I could retrieve the weapon the guys at The Bunker made and return here to see if anything happens.

It's only day 90 or so. Kinda thought I'd get to see the Tower of Magi disaster, meh. Guess I'll just have to spam resting to force the calendar ahead.

It's possible I missed the odd quest here and there, but generally when I enter an area (town/dungeon) I make a list of who (or what) I can chat with and try to map the whole place. Quite sure I've hit pretty much the majority of quests available.

Sitting tight with 80 rep at this point, heh. Currently I'm doing the vahnatai crypt place, that's about the only area I think I haven't finished, excluding the area after Tinraya.

Btw when I returned to Tinraya the hostile Crystal Souls are no longer there - looks like the showdown at the O.K. Corral got postponed.

Shame on me, since I played all 3 Exiles, but I can't recall off the top of my head what all 5 major artifacts are. I don't seem to have Demonslayer though, hmm. My party's outfitted with the Mithril Blade/Polished Plate Mail, Black Halberd/Icy Chain Mail, Thirsting Blade/Mithril Chain Mail, and the Flaming Sword/Mithril Woven Robe.

I avoided courier jobs out of time concerns but in retrospect that was silly, since I now find myself with several dozen days to waste if I want to see the Tower of Magi disaster.

Oh snap, I forgot about Pachtar's Plate. I see the notation I made when I learned about it in Gale's library, but I never got around to going there. Alright, next stop Bigail.

The five artifacts are Pachtar's Plate, the Fury Crossbow, the Ring of Endless Magery, the Black Halberd, and the recipe for Knowledge Brew (not exactly an artifact, but at least as powerful as the others.)

—Alorael, who will point out that while it is possible to obtain Demonslayer in A3, it is both unhelpful and impossible for you to have done so already. It's there mostly as an easter egg in response to all the confusion over the sword's presence in the E3 editor but absence from E3.

Ah, there we go, thanks. The only place left I haven't visited is Rentar's keep, so I'm guessing from your comment that it's there somewhere. You're right, putting something in the final area is pretty unhelpful, oh well.

Click to reveal..

And damn me for resting at Bon-Ihrno's house, the bastards murdered him. I was thinking of waiting for the Tower of Magi disaster but I've lost my appetite for senseless death. I'm gonna head out to Rentar's Keep and raze it to the ground.

Rentar better be prepared to break out the scones and tea, I'm about to pay her a visit.

Demonslayer is in fact placed in the game after you are likely to encounter any demons at all. And it would have been helpful for the Great Circle, too!

—Alorael, who of course also supposes Demonslayer loses a lot of its appeal in A3, the game in which suddenly items with nifty bonuses become a gold piece a dozen.