food

Starman1985

I remember playing Exile for the first time and hating it because I couldn't figuire out why I kept dying not realizing how food works. Once I finnally did realize what was wrong and started to love the game everyone I showed it too had the exact same problem and hated it until I realized why they were hating it and fixed their problems.

I find this to be somewhat problematic.

Food is explained in the instructions. Food is explained as the cause of spontaneous damage. Food can be given by the editor. Yes, it's a common newbie mistake, but it's also one that can be figured out.

—Alorael, who very much doubts that any changes to Exile will be forthcoming. The series is no longer being updated.

Aside from the other 'givens', (Fighters need Weapons and Spell Casters need Spells), I feel that food is also a 'given'.

I don't rely on potions and things, but rather rest when needed to Heal and recoup Spell Points.

Also, I try to rest outside, rather than inside. I don't know the numbers, but am sure you get a better return on investment outdoors.

Lastly, my style is slow and tedious, ('m only a mediocre player and a searcher) rather than rushing through a Scenario.

me

• 1 month later...

Just buy the Manna and Minor Manna spells and cast them every so often, and you'll be fine. You get a much better return on your money by getting food this way.

Quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

I remember the good old days of Exile 1 when I was running around in Silvar without any food. The starving damage sound scared the bajebuzes out of me.

Same here; I almost jumped out of my chair when I first heard it.

Quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:
I was actually more frightened by squeaking doors and "Rar" in a long dungeon. That is, when I wasn't supposed to be staying up that late.
Hummm .... the sound of squeaking doors in Exile 2 nephil fort, when I was resting trying to regain some SP. More than ten years ago now....