Return to Castle Troglo?

I don't think there's anything particular spoilerish here...

Anyway, I just wasted Elhioc for King Vothkaro (take that, organized religion!) and now I have to leave the castle. I've got a save with my party perched on the ledge just before jumping down to exit.

I noticed that you can't go back in if you leave, though D: The runes at the entrance are simply impassable. Do we ever get another crack at the troglos? Not that I have anything against them, but business is business and Mayor Najib from Aminro has promised me a bounty for King Vothkaro's head.

I'd rather not just turn right around and skewer King Vothkaro now, not when I just finished dealing with him. Rather unsportsmanlike, if you get my drift. Plus I've got to inform Mayor Knight in Sharimik that I've talked to the troglos, and I don't know how well that would go over if there was a continuation of that quest and he found out that I eliminated the troglos.

I can see it already:

Click to reveal..

Me: Mayor Knight? We've delivered your scroll to King Vothkaro, and he's agreed to a truce.

Mayor Knight: That's great! Hmm, we should take advantage of this. Oh yes, we need to retrieve any soldiers they captured, I must set up a prisoner exchange program.

Me: Err, there's a little prob-

MK: *rubs hands* Why leave it at just a truce? We could offer them an alliance. It'd be good for us, they're in the way of those pesky giants. Yes, they'd make a nice buffer.

Me: Well, he did say they hate giants more than humans, but-

MK: They hate them already? Wonderful! Why, we wouldn't even have to make that many concessions if we're going to get them to deal with the giants for us.

Me: Uhh, you see-

MK: In fact, maybe we could interest them in a little trade. To help them against those nasty giants, of course. We wouldn't have to hoard weapons anymore, we could just sell them to the troglos. Why, this would revive our economy! We could bring people back!

Me: I don't think-

MK: No, let's not waste time thinking about it, this is a fantastic opportunity! Think of the profits! *coughs* Of course, we'll be able to clear our backlog of taxes - and then maybe we'll finally get word from the Empire!

Me: ...

MK: Yes! If anything would help us get back into their good graces, this will! *sheds a tear of joy* Oh, how can I ever thank you people?

Me: Err, well, you know-

MK: Oh yes, I remember, you wanted to see our library. Go ahead, that's the least we can do for you! *grins* Say, what do you think about a parade?

Me: A, a what?!

MK: Come on, it'll draw in the crowds! Give the people something to be happy about! Ahem, of course, we'll try to cast you in the best light possible, loyal citizens of the Empire and all that. You understand, don't you?

Me: Uhh, sure, uh, but-

MK: No, don't worry about it! No trouble at all! You're heroes now, you've saved us all! Now, I really must see to getting back to King Vothkaro on this. Did he mention anything else? Anything we could use?

Me: He didn't, because, you see-

MK: Oh, I understand perfectly, he must have wanted you to return with all haste! How wonderful, he likes us already! We really must take advantage of this-

Me: ARGH! STOP!

MK: Eh? Whatever's the matter?

Me: We can't! We can't deal with him.

MK: What are you talking about? You said he wanted a truce!

Me: Yes, but... well, we kindofkilledhimafterwards.

MK: You... wait, WHAT?

shocked