Scenario Release: The Staff

Old MikeS

I am a master procrastinator, I thought I had put this out already. Well here it is 4 months after completing it smirk. Get it from here (TheStaff.zip) for the time being. There is a readme and a solution document in the zip, just in case.

Also, while creating this scenario, I noticed I had a bug in one of the scripts from an earlier scenario (Proving Grounds). I have the update for that also available. The script by it's self (thief.txt) or the complete zip (ProvingGrounds.zip).

• 1 month later...

Ephesos, in regards to your review: I think I know the box you're talking about. You're supposed to find a key first, and not just try and ram it open.

Also, I suspect part of the reason for the absurdly powerful items is because this scenario can be played by anyone from a L1 to a L100. The difficulty is dynamic, adjusting itself based on the level of the party that entered.

'k, so I never found the key, but I'm willing to believe there was one. But I had no idea where it could be.

And I would think that a dynamic difficulty would actually take into account the level when you enter, as opposed to offering all levels of gear by default. Basically, a level 3 party should not have access to steel halberds and alien blades, just like a level 50 party would have no interest in crude daggers. But hey, your definitions are your definitions.

My review has been amended in light of the fact that I was being a bit too harsh, and I do want to emphasize that it's an improvement. I do want good sir Slack to stick around and keep making scenarios. smile

Didn't you play Amnesia or Mystery Manor?

To answer a couple of your questions in the review:

Click to reveal..

- Everyone named James or Jamie in the one town is explained by one of the characters in the town. It may have been a bit obtuse.

- The yellow one was included to celebrate his 10th anniversary (see readme). I was just a little slow in getting it out the door smile

If another idea hits me, I'll probably do another scenario, regardless of what is said or not said wink

[edit] Forgot to mention, there is a cheat sheet with the scenario that spells out (I hope) all you need to do to get each piece [/edit]

• 3 weeks later...