A2: Caves of Sixus

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
You have to have talked to Sixus' friend in the supply depot to get to the first place.

I have the quest from Mayor Bevan. Is that who you're talking about?

Edit: never mind, i see the walkthrough specifies to talk to Abby. However, having talked to him still leaves me lost. Paddling north then east leads me to the Central Sea, yet i still don't "see a tower across a pit." Am i anywhere close?

That's a start, but I believe there's someone in the storehouse in Almaria (it is Almaria, right?) who has more advice on dealing with Sixus for you.

—Alorael, who can't remember exactly what advice you get, but it's necessary to take the route that doesn't get Sixus killed.

Since this is Avernum instead of Exile, you have to follow a chain of conversations.

Mayor Bevan mentions a friend of Sixus who is working in the storerooms. The friend mentions the tower is on the south shore of the lake as you go up the river from Almaria. You then land on the shore and I think you need to find a secret passage through to some tunnels where there is a tower now visible from the right spot on the south side of a chasm. Find a secret passage to get past the chasm and you can now get into that tower.

Lots of secret passages and traps here for clues to your next destination. As Alorael said you have to find a route that doesn't get Sixus killed for the best ending on this quest. So make a few different saves.

You went too far. Start back at Almaria and stay along the east bank as the river becomes a lake. When the bank goes east-west there are a few landings along the south bank. The first and second lands should get you to where you want to go. The third landing has a nice fight. After that the other landings lead to the Honeycomb near Athron's lair.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, i'm sorry to be so dense, but i'm stuck AGAIN. I've dealt with the first cave and gotten the so-called map. Looking at the map doesn't help, so i've concentrated on the notation: "swamps to north". I don't see any swamps near the first tower, so i've looked around the Honeycomb. Do i need to talk to Bevan or Abbey again? If not, from the first tower what direction is the second tower??