Secret passage in Fort Remote in A2

Hi, im new to the forum and signed up because I love the Avernum games and have a few questions.

I am currently playing through all 5 games in the series, in order, and for the first time for each game. Its going to take a long time!

I'm near the end of A2 and was wondering if anyone knows how to reach the secret passage in Fort Remote. My far sight spell picks it up in the south of fort remote, a short tunnel leadng to a staircase. However, I cannot get through the wall to reach it, and move mountain does nothing.

Anyone got any idea what this is? (thanks in advance) grin

You need to ask some people for information in order to reveal a secret door. The start is talking to someone in the Tower of Magi about Garzhad's fortress and getting sent to Blosk. The end result is getting information so someone in Fort Remote can tell you how to open the secret door. Then the fun really begins so be prepared and keep an extra save before going downstairs.

The early games are really fun so enjoy. The downside is you have to wander back an forth all over the world talking to people.

The game engine changed with Avernum 4 and opinions are split on which game engine is better. Older members prefer Avernum 1 to 3 and the Exile versions. Newer members that started with Avernum 4 seem to like the new games. Avernum 5 fixed most of the complaints and Avernum 6 is still in development.

The major complaint is that Avernum 4 recycled most of it's plot from Avernum 3. A slight change in villain emphasis might have redeemed that flaw.

Garzhad isn't under Fort Remote, but it's possible to die down there. I barely got through it with several reloads because I was low on potions and couldn't retreat from my only save. Jeff made it interesting.

Originally Posted By: human of the year
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The early games are really fun so enjoy. The downside is you have to wander back an forth all over the world talking to people.

That's not a downside! smile

I agree, I enjoy having to trek across the whole of Avernum, since it makes the games feel so epic. (im some one who doesn't mind backtracking either), so the old games are fine for me.

So far I've only played the older games and the demo of A4. Not sure I will like the changes, but I'm sure I can get used to them.