Difficulty Question

Hello, everyone. I am playing Avernum through on Real Hard difficulty. I have already played through on Normal. I am not entirely sure, but it seems that Real Hard difficulty does not affect the strength of special monsters (like Sss-Thsss and Adze-Haakai). Is this the case, or did I just forget how hard (easy) they are normally? Also, is this the case in Avernum 2, Avernum 3, and Blades of Avernum as well? Thanks to everyone who responds!

That is odd, since when I fought Sss-Thsss, he died in 4 hits of around 85-90, on Real Hard and on Normal. I would think that he would have much more health on Real Hard as compared to Normal. He is not that much stronger than a slith chieftain on Real Hard. I know it was on Real Hard when I fought him, since slith warriors have more than 85 health on Real Hard, as compared to some lesser amount (maybe 50) on Normal. Also, Adze-Haakai seemed equally easy on both difficulties.

In Avernum 1, there is no Torment, there is only Hard and Real Hard. It just seemed that Sss-Thsss and Adze-Haakai had the same health on both difficulty levels. Maybe I was just counting wrong or something. At any rate, that means that Sss-Thsss is really not that much more stronger than a slith chieftain. Thanks to everyone who responded!