Merchants in Medab hate my stinking Shaper guts

I may have made a few anti-servile comments to people I didn't want to insult or confuse. And it's possible I caused the death of a particular intelligent servile in Drypeak. But I'm just trying to get along, ya know?

So, after finding out that Medab merchants won't trade with me, and that Brodus Blade won't give me permission to cross the bridge, I've been trying to boost my pro-servile reputation with all subsequent encounters. I even did a couple of quests for Learned Pinner to help Medab. But I still can't get any action from the blacksmith or the wand merchant. Do I have to align myself with the Awakened to trade here? I'm trying to finish this run-through un-aligned with any faction.

How do I even find out what my current reputation is with the various factions?

I'm surprised this question isn't asked more often. Or perhaps my 133t sk1llz with the search function aren't up to the task.

Reputation is actually fairly simple. Doing quests or giving opinions that are anti-creation rights will make the Drypeak Shapers and the Barzites like you while the Awakened and Takers will dislike you. Doing quests or giving opinions that are pro-creation rights will cause the reverse. You can stay fairly neutral to all factions by not giving opinions to anyone (just end the conversation when you're asked to give an opinion) and doing some quests for each side. If you join a faction, the other factions won't like you very much. However, if you stay unaligned, you won't get very good deals from anyone.

Dikiyoba thinks the way factions treat you is your reputation checker. Unless it involves the Takers, because the Takers hate humans regardless.

So, if my reputation gets "low" enough, the Medab merchants will suddenly start trading with me? They guy at the bridge decided to let me across yesterday, but Belik at the Inn on the other side still thinks I'm scum. But even after clearing out the Power Station for the Mage School I'm still not loved enough in Medab to trade.

If I ask Learned Darian to set my reputation to pro-servile, will I lose the merchants in Geth and Rising? Currently my money is good in Geth, and I haven't drained them dry yet. Perhaps I should clear out Geth, Rising and Drypeak, then get my reputation altered.