Exile 3 questions

Arc the Lad

I have a lot of questions about Exile 3.

1. three things, Where can I augment? Should I bother? and what should I augment with? (+2, flaming?)

3. Where are all the random items shops? I know there is one in the Tower of Magi and Storm Port. Also, which one is cheapest? (Storm Port has good prices)

4. What is a good amulet to use? I have a couple Fang Necklaces for random bless, which is nice.

5. The Archer's Bow gives 3 defense and weighs 1, so should I equip one on everyone, even if they don't do archery, purely for the defense?

6. What are the best gloves for each type of character? Warrior, Thief, and Magic users.

7. Should I get mythril chain mail for everyone? It seems to be really good, having nice defense and no encumbrance.

1) There are lots of augmentations places. The best is +3 in Gale if you can wait. Do enough deliveries to make money and you can replace older items with new ones if you don't want to wait.

3) The other random item stores are in Yale across the bay from Shaydar to the west by ferry and in the center of Loreli. Prices are about the same for buying.

4) There better amulets later in the game so trade up when you get one. It depends upon personal preference. There is a crystal one that prevents petrification by the basilisks that I always liked,

5) Having extra Archer's bows can't hurt and there are times when you can save the spell energy and just have everyone shoot.

6) Micah gloves help spellcasters, the is nimble gloves for the thief, and just pick what you like for fighters.

7) Mithril chain is great for spellcasters and thief/archers, but there is some great plate for the fighters up in front.

1. I found augmentation generally more expensive than useful. You should save your money and just use magic weapons or whatever artifacts you scrounge up.

2. It's a number between 1 and 3.

3. The town is Marish. The mayor's name is Yale. And the towns are Shayder and Lorelei. These things are important!

4. There are no essential amulets. It think I may have been using a Fang Necklace all the way to the end. Use whatever you like.

5. Yes, it's worth equipping non-archers with an Archer's Bow. It's not worth much, but it helps a bit. If you actually have an archer, which isn't essential by any means, you may find better armaments.

6. Nothing to add here.

7. Still nothing to add. Fighters and pure priests don't really suffer from encumberance, so you might as well stuff them in the heaviest armor available.

—Alorael, who now gets A3 and E3 memories confused. There are far fewer random but neat bits of magic gear floating around in the original.

Quote:
Originally written by Delaying Tactictian:
7. Still nothing to add. Fighters and pure priests don't really suffer from encumberance
I disagree. Keeping everyone to 2 encumbrance or less is a very good idea if you don't want to risk losing AP. Blessing has more of an impact on your defensive ability anyway.

1. There are a few places where you can augment (I forget at the moment), but it's just too expensive for my taste. If you do decide to augment, make sure the item gains something useful.

3. There's a also random item shop in Lorelei, and I think it's the cheapest.

4. I prefer the Lifesaver Amulet until my Luck skill is high.

5. I really don't use archery in E3, so I can't give you advice here. For me, all missile weapons are junk items, and get sold.

6. I use Nimble Gloves or Micah's Gloves for just about anyone.

7. That's what I do, especially since all my PCs are trained as both priests and mages. Mithral Chain Mail is pretty much my favorite armor. If I wear something encumbering, I lose not just some APs per turn in combat, but also the ability to cast mage spells.

I'm only a moderate player, at best and we all have preferred ways to play. But, I strongly prefer to spend my money on Strength and Weapon ability for the Fighters and Spell points for the Spell Casters. Gadgets always seem to end up costing more than they ever help. And, they're just more 'junk' to carry around.

If you want better defense, buy defense points rather than carrying around items.

Lastly, unless it's a special item created for the Scenario, Archery devices have very little potency compared to Edged devices.

Personally, I use 2 Fighters, 2 Priests and 2 Mages. I have the Spell Casters control the situations for the well equipped Fighters.

me

• 3 weeks later...

1. Yes, he has them all, except for a handful that were lost.

2. No, I don't think he ever posts that list.

3. The answer to the next Alorael-related question is the cheap sticker incident involving the needle/ferrets.

Dikiyoba isn't entirely certain what the next question will be, but the cheap sticker incident explains so much that it will cover it one way or another.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
1. Yes, he has them all, except for a handful that were lost.

2. No, I don't think he ever posts that list.
The next question after the question that is answerable by answer three of your pst, Diki, is this:

Does anybody else have a copy of those names?

"I eat therefore I am." Ergo is about as reasonable in Spanish as in English. It gets bonus points for remaining in a romance language, but Spanish doesn't have the infinite plasticity of English.

—Alorael, who was in fact deliberately misquoting. He's going for a series of butchered literature now.