Avernum 5 Saved Game Problem

S M Adventurer

Okay, whenever I try to save a game in any slot but the first one on the left side (the slot in the top left corner) it gives me this error message.

Save Error: Couldn't create save file. Try saving in a different slot. Error 3.

I enjoy the game, but this is kind of distressing to have because I do want to replay the game using the other save slots.

So, anyone got any tips to solve this issue?

Thanks for replying. I fixed the problem myself though. It turns out that Avernum 5 installer v1.01 didn't completely install the data for all the saved game slots in the Avernum 5 Saved Games directory. I had to create new empty folders in the Avernum 5 Saved Game directory titled "Save1, Save2..." and so on. (I already had Save0 though, which was my current playthrough.)

I'm on Windows XP Service Pack 3 by the way.

I'm not sure, but it might be a bug Jeff should look into during the installation.

It is kind of odd that it does that. The installation does completely finish. I didn't interrupt it in any way. However, it was very fast. Too fast maybe? I guess it must be some kind of quirk. Anyway, I guess in the future I'll have to make backups of the save slots that I haven't even used yet along with my used ones. It's an inconvenience, but it doesn't really matter. Since the unused save slot folders are empty, it doesn't take up any more disk space.