Canisters

I have reached Iliya province and talked to many shapers, all of them hate canisters and game is also telling me again and again that using canisters has a cost. So,what will happen if I will keep using canisters?

Sometimes I get strange message of anger when a non shaper insults me.Is this is also an effect of canisters?

If you keep using canisters you'll eventually start getting into fights you would have otherwise has the option to avoid it. It will also appear in people's dialog that you're using canisters. If you've already you've 6, it's to late. And yes, it's an effect of using the canisters.

The Great Archon

It won't affect your playing experience, but your ending will be drasitcly altered if you use to many canisters and are a loyalist. The Shapers will still train you, but they can only train you up to the 4th tier (Wingbolts, Rotghroths, and Kyshakks) of creations. In order to get the 5th tier creations (Drakons, War Tralls, and Gazers), you will have to use canisters. Spells don't count for this, since the rebel trainer will train you no matter what your alignment.

Should you? Like I said before, they will give you access to the best creations, and the upgraded creations. You need to know 3 points in a creation to get the upgraded version of it. Aside from the Fyora, you will have to use canisters to get the ability to Shape them. If you use canisters, however, your ending, if you're a loyalist, will be massivly altered, and really won't be that good. If you're playing a rebel, it won't matter. You will also have to get into fights more. From a moral perspectice, canisters shape the sanity out of you in exchange for power, which is something that can only be answered by yourself. Personally, I use them anyway. I feel it's worth the price for power.

The Great Archon

Every Geneforge game has its own cheat code to set your canister use to zero. Here they all are:

Click to reveal..
G1: SDF 100 0 0

G2: SDF 100 7 0

G3: SDF 100 4 0

G4: SDF 100 4 0

G5: SDF 100 22 0

Actually, you can use the cheat to change your canister use to any amount; just change the third number to anything other than zero.

• 1 month later...