Creation Levels

Sorry if this has already been addressed ad infinitum, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (yes, I did use the search feature).

I have started replaying the original Geneforge and eventually the other games, and I was wondering if someone knew how creation stats were affected by levels. In other words, is it worth keeping creations around or is it just as good if not better to remake them once you can make them a higher level?

Any and all data would be much appreciated. Thanks

In Geneforge 1, it's usually better to make new creations whenever your shaping skills increase, because creations only gain half as much from levelling up naturally as they do from being levelled up by high shaping skills. In every game after that, all levelups are the same regardless of their source, so just do whatever results in higher-level creations (this will normally be letting them level up naturally, if you can keep them alive long enough).

As creations level up they get +1 to Strength, Dexterity, Endurance, and Intelligence per two levels, I believe. The bonus is per level in G1 for newly shaped creations, hence the benefit of creating fresh critters.

—Alorael, who is not at all sure this formula is accurate. He'd appreciate confirmation or correction from one of the more formulaic members.