question about essence lances[G5]

Is essence lances supposed to be exactly the same as lighting aura? I ask because it looks like an error since it has the exact same description text. Also, and I'm probably wrong, but I was under the impression that it was that spell that mage type enemies tend to cast that can hit at least 3 targets standing near one another and looks similar to "kill" bolts. When I finally got the spell, and cast it, I was a little disappointed.

I'm not sure, but I think if you add "ab_num_of_missiles = 2;" to the essence lances text it will shoot 2 lances. The same goes for any such number up to 8. It may be good, to add this line at the end of the "Essence lances" entry in the gf5objsmisc.txt file. Also, it would be nice if you'd increase the spell's MP and EP cost. Last but not least, you should know, that the "number of missiles" is the highest number of missiles you can shoot. If there's less enemies or they are too far apart, you'll get less of them.

ps: you have to restart your game for the effects to take place, whenever you edit the gf5... files in the scripts.