What you use for scripting

The script can be opened in notepad but i think that no regular designer write in it because it is so clumsy for programming.So can you tell me what you use?

I am using c++ these days and it looks very comfortable.You can got the ans just by opening it for once,but is there any other software a BoA designer prefer?

Notepad is fine, if you want to do something quick and simple. The only problem is that it doesn't work well with .txt files written on Macintosh computers (Windows uses CR+LF for newlines, Macs use either CR or LF depending on how old they are).

I use Programmer's Notepad 2. I wrote a .schemedef file so AvernumScript keywords would be highlighted. However, PN2 is Windows-only. I believe Arancaytar also wrote a syntax-highlighter for a Java-based text editor (jEdit?).

I created a minimal syntax highlighter for TextWrangler, too. Well, actually, two highlighters (a separate one for data scripts).

If you don't like NotePad, you could always try WordPad. It handles Mac/Unix newlines properly.

I may have written a syntax highlighter for TextPad, which is for Windows, but I can't remember now. It wouldn't be hard though.

Originally Posted By: Abhishek
I am using c++ these days and it looks very comfortable.You can got the ans just by opening it for once,

Uh... what? What are you saying here? Clarify please? In particular, what does "got the ans" mean?

I mean to say that c++ is very luxory,if someone has never tried c++,then he should try it at least once.And why it is luxory?

Because,it handles newline correctly,all the variable function call written in green color,what user will read while playing comes automatically in red color when you type:" and remove after typing " again which gives ease to my eyes.

Abhishek, what everyone is trying to point out to you is that what you are using is an editor program designed for use with C++, not C++ itself. C++ is a programming language, and specific programs like Dev-C++ and Turbo-C++ are editors designed for writing C++. Since you are using one of those editors to write Avernumscript (assumedly, since that is what you started this topic is about), you are not using C++ itself. (You may also use C++ to write programs, but, again, that's not what we're discussing. I think.)

With regard to writing Avernumscript: I use AScript, since I wrote it for that purpose. I really need to get it finished up at some point.