Maximum Reputation on Avernum 1

Hello, everyone. I was just wondering what the maximum reputation on Avernum 1 was. Right now I have 47 reputation, but that seems like an odd number to have as the maximum, and I thought that at some number of reputation you are given the title of a "True Hero", which I figured would have been 50. I know that having reputation past about 25 has no further effects, but I was just wondering what the maximum was anyways. Thanks to everyone who helps out!

I think the editor cap was 40 or 50. This isn't a hard cap, but the fact that reputation will keep going up doesn't mean anything.

—Alorael, who would be more interested in knowing which level of reputation is the highest that has any effect on the game. Reputation seems largely useless past the very beginning.

I was just hoping that someone else was obsessive like me and tried to get the maximum reputation, so that they could corroborate the maximum reputation that I got. Like I said, I thought that 47 was an odd number to have the maximum reputation (without cheating). And to Alorael, I think that the most reputation that matters is 30, which is the point that Athron teaches Slow L3.

Originally Posted By: jimbob
I was just hoping that someone else was obsessive like me and tried to get the maximum reputation, so that they could corroborate the maximum reputation that I got. Like I said, I thought that 47 was an odd number to have the maximum reputation (without cheating). And to Alorael, I think that the most reputation that matters is 30, which is the point that Athron teaches Slow L3.

I'm playing A1 at the moment, actually, so once I've finished I'll be able to give you a proper answer. I've got to kill Grah-Hoth and find the surface route, but just about all the other sidequests are done. I did give the sugar to Gary, but I didn't steal the snake ring for Dexter in Almaria(?), so I'll just add one to my total.

I am not 100% sure, but last time I killed Grah-Hoth it did not give any reputation points. I think it is the same with finding the exit to the surface. I would guess, then, that whatever reputation you have now would be the maximum unless there are some sidequests you have not done yet. Thank you for doing this for me, Nikki.