A Favor....[G5]

Im Running Windows Vista HOme Premium SP1 32-bit....I Downloaded Geneforge 5 But when I Try To Install It Give Me This Error :

This Installation Package Could Not Be Opened. Verify That The Package Exists And That You Can Access It, Or COntact The Application Vendor To Verify That this Is A Valid Windows Installer Package.

Could Someone Help Me With This ??

I know you need to be logged in as an administrator to install most programs in Vista.

Try that as well and see whether it works.

On the other hand, I got that same error a lot when my old XP computer was failing, it could mean the network card is not working properly.

Can you download from other sites on the internet, or is the problem just with Spiderweb's site?

Originally Posted By: Master1
I simply recommend buying mac.

Yep, that's helpful.

Anyway, running the installer as an administrator, as Toby-Linn said, may help. Also, you should make sure that the file is downloading onto your desktop, or into your user folder - if it ends up in another folder, you may not have permissions to run the file.

I notice that you already posted this problem last month from another account, and Spidweb said "The problem is very very likely to be, sadly, something broken on your end."

Having the installer produce data file folders but not the EXE itself is very, very strange. Are you absolutely sure there is no EXE file -- is it possible it's somehow covered up in the icon display, but it's there if you go to list view?

Ah. Well, of course, then. The Mac version of the game includes files that run on a Mac. It does not include files that run on Windows.

Installing it on another computer and copying it should work -- I don't think Spiderweb programs ever install any computer-specific extensions. However, if something basic enough to make the installer refuse to run is broken, it's entirely possible that will affect other programs as well, such as G5.