Creations That Join Your Party

What creations (in geneforge 2) join your party, over the course of the entire game, and what conditions do you need to get them

Also, as a side question, what items should i keep. I'm really confused as to the gems i keep finding: which ones should i keep and why?

Thx smile

Off the top of my head

A thahd in The Crags will go with you until you leave the valley.

A guard in south Drypeak Mines will go around with you until you leave the valley. You'll need some leadership to get her.

A servile mage in the Complex Core will join you if you're pro-creation rights, and you're leadership is enough. Joining the awakened bypasses this.

A sad Roamer will join you in the Warren of the Three. You need some leadership.

A rat at Fort Muck will join you

A starving Vlish will join you near the old Rising bridge. I don't think you need Leadership for this one, but I could be wrong.

A Battle Alpha named Hryk will join you. He's in Phariton's Hall. You do need a lot of leadership for him.

A depressed warrior servile in Pit of Misfits will join you if you're in a rebel faction or are pro-rebel.

That's about it. There are also two other serviles and a Drayk that you can have join you, but they're quest related.

As for items, what class are you?

Keep the gemstones for now. Look around Fort Muck until you find a merchant that will buy them from you regardless of reputation or faction. He buys them slightly less but since there's only a certain amount of money in stores, its worth it.

The Last Archon

Originally Posted By: Master Ackrovan
A sad Roamer will join you in the cultist warrens in the swamp area's. You need some leadership.

A starving Vlish will join you near the old Rising bridge. I don't think you need Leadership for this one, but I could be wrong.

Keep the gemstones for now.

The Huge Roamer is, IMHO, the best recruit in the first half of the game [that's as far as i've gotten], and the only one that's lived long enough for me to really like it.

The Abandoned Vlish will only join you if you have enough Magic Shaping to communicate with it. However, even if you never put a point in it [you Guardians and Agents], Sharon's Bracelet gives enough to complete the deal.

Items worth collecting:

Zuniga the smithy [in Drypeak] has an infinite amount of money for buying Iron Bars, and he also gives some XP with each bar you bring him.

Lora the traveling merchant [in Medab] acts like Zuniga, only she wants Shaper Equipment - both kinds.

Hawke outside Fort Muck has an infinite amount of money for buying gemstones and emeralds, but no XP. You probably want to set aside an emerald or two for use in recipes.

Both mined crystals and puresteel rings are useful later in the game for recipes and to barter. Matt P's walkthrough mentions collecting research notes, but i haven't yet determined what good they are. Steel items [breastplates, swords] are semi-rare and used to make Shaped items. Strange named items like Demon Bile all have specific uses.

Heust Blade (the "depressed warrior servile") can be really, really useful, but only if you get him when you're at a much lower level than you would normally be at the time you reach him. (He's in the Pit of Misfits, north of Rising. I recommend heading in that direction when you're about level 18, but fighting as little as possible--I was level 25 when I reached him, which was just about perfect.) If you get him later, he'll still have good offense, but his low level will be strongly reflected in his HP totals, meaning it'll be a chore to keep him alive.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate to do this to an old topic, but mined crystals, can we go over that one a bit more. I don't get the 'and barter' bit that was posted? And creations again, are here any that are missing or can we at least make this list a bit more comprehensive. Sorry for making this dead topic a zombie one.

But where do you use the mined crystals, certainly not medab. Is it an extermist only thing or what?

P.S. Sorry for asking, but for all the other items I know exactly how long I'll be hanging onto them for, or if they don't fit with my playing method.

Also, for the research notes, can u sell them without doing that fraction or non?

Originally Posted By: Talias
But where do you use the mined crystals, certainly not medab. Is it an extermist only thing or what?

Not until later in the game, when you are in Barzite (and Taker?) lands.

Quote:
Also, for the research notes, can u sell them without doing that fraction or non?

Yes, if you aren't planning to join the Barzites you can sell them rather than collecting them.

Dikiyoba.