Promoting BoA

The Creator

I saw the topic on this at Shadowvale, but I can't post there.

(darn you new kids with your new forums I'm not registered to) I'm not really going to be able to help, except to make a brief suggestion. (I won't be hanging around very long)

BoA's (and BoE's) strength is not in the graphics, and some people will not give then a look simply because of this. What you need to do is go to the people who are willing to look past this. But who are these people? You can find them playing other games with old graphics, in particular, Roguelikes. A quick search on google will bring up a half dozen forums devoted to them. Their focus is similar enough that they shouldn't have any problems with another game being promoted there, and they're much more likely to actually get interested.

Well, that's my suggestion. You guys can decide what to do with it.

Targeting forums for similar games is certainly a good idea, I know the Basilisk forums keep getting mentioned as a good example. Roguelikes would be another, as you mentioned, but just about any RPG forums are a decent place to advertise. Granted games like Oblivions or Fallout attract a different crowd, but mostly it's just a LARGER crowd, the old school rpg fanboys are still there just as a smaller percentage (I know most of the people here play new RPGs as well.)

Oh, and if you want to register at SV you have to create an account, then email Tyran and he'll validate it. Wasn't sure if you couldn't post because you couldn't figure out how to get validated, or if you just didn't feel like registering. tongue