The end of Geocities

Aran

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping once again. Double posting, too. It's for a good cause. Am I to assume by the silence that no one is working on this anymore, or is able to? I don't know how to use all the fancy programs that easily get everything, but if nobody else is gonna do anything I'll save what I think is important.

Edit: Got this today.

Quote:
Although we have enjoyed hosting GeoCities web sites created by Yahoo! users all over the world, we have decided to close GeoCities on October 26, 2009, so we can focus on Yahoo! Web Hosting, our premium hosting service.

Now we know our deadline.

Edit2: Found another site to save. http://es.geocities.com/mabplay/alcritas_lyceum/

• 3 months later...

Time is almost up... Has anyone else done anything with this? Not that I really expect anyone to, but without a yea or a nay, I have no idea if I'm doing all this for naught. I suppose if we have more than one record, we have more than one record. But, meh... It's late. I'm emo. Just wanted to let y'all know I've got it covered.

Phew... done. The only ones on the list that I didn't do are - jonahzahndi because he replaced all his content with insults, - terrorsmartyr since he moved it himself and, - Arancaytar: http://www.geocities.com/arancaytar/frameset.html since he's already moved the content to EE already anyway. From my digging in the web.archive I got Drizzt's stuff back except for the graphics. Which makes me happy since his information was instrumental in teaching me how to node. Pity the visual aids are all missing though.

What other way.back sites do you really want to see in the archive?