Skull in VoDT

Zummi

So, I blew off the dust on my BoA copy and started a slith singleton, nothing fancy or different, just for the heck of it. VoDT was the only low-level scenario I got and I'm too lazy to DL another, so I commenced.

After a few goblin, brigand, hydra killing, I found myself near a rock with a skull on it. I decided to not get it. And now I'm teased. Curious, but teased.

What does the skull do?

Originally Posted By: Changer, Changer, Enchaîné
Sylak's Talking Skull says:
"Don't forget me!"

Awww, he wants to be our friend. <3

Sylak's skull gives you hints concerning the locations of the Nether Arts spells. It's been too long since I played A3 to remember if the Xian skull does a similar thing.

Nik: I don't recall the Xian Skull doing anything useful. Just exceedingly annoying. I picked it up and, upon realizing what it did, carried it long enough to transport it back to the guest quarters in Ft. Emergence. There it stayed for the remainder of the game, along with most of the Xian items I found, and all manner of other useless novelties.

Velius: No, having been curious about this myself a while back, I looked at the code (I know, I know; bad BoA player). It doesn't do anything at all. I'd guess it was the kobolds that put it there, for reasons of their own. Curious little devils.