Help with Hssrrotis

Bhima

Dangit–I'm just not the type to whine to the forum about how I can't figure out how to beat a character in the game. But, here I am, after countless reloads from three different save points.

Maybe I've bit off more than I can chew with the Fang Clan; I'm in the testing rooms, having cleaned everything but Hssrrotis' room. He's just lurking in that corner, and no strategy I've come up with can beat him.

I've tried the all-out attack, where my four players hit him as hard as possible, holding off about two rounds of bats. After he jumps twice, I can't daze enough bats for long enough and I'm consumed quickly.

I've tried the sneak-attack, where I instigate a bow fight until he jumps and then retreat to slowly beat down the latest round of bats. That worked, up until the second go-around and the second wave of fire-bats mowed me down.

I've also tried the ultra-sneak-attack, where I literally GRIND him out by poisoning him and retreating, beating down rounds of bats as they arrive. It's taking forever, and I don't have enough spell energy or potion to keep curing and healing, and it's too slow for good defensive spells.

So, here I am; what am I missing? Should I just exit the test now, never to beat Hssrotis Piercer?

That is definitely one of the tougher parts of the game. I found summoning spells (used repeatedly when my summons died) to be very helpful in that fight. The wight (or ghast, something like that) was especially great as it could stun him as well as deal damage and soak up damage.

However, I wouldn't be embarassed to set the difficulty level lower for that fight, given that you never get the chance to come back and try later on.

That's a fight that I often postpone until I've done some of the Drake Pillar region.

Daze to keep him stuck while dealing with the bats is something that I always do. The lava bats are the only ones that hurt so you don't want a second round of them. Spray acid helps but it takes a while at your current level.

Always summon help before starting that fight and replace them. If nothing else they draw damage away from you.

Terror wands help here. This is a place where it's better to use items.

Well BATS! I'm pretty low on spell energy, so I'll have to revert to my safe 4.6.2.4/2–the third in order to get back to a place where I will have enough for summons and dazzling. Doh!

Thanks for your input you two–maybe I'll come back to this lair a little later...

Well, a lot of the problem is that I've got a steep XP penalty, and my players have little spell energy or skill, and I've simply run out by this part. I'm also playing in Torment, so perhaps I'll have to wimp out and lower the game difficulty for a time. For now, I'm off onto other ventures. Will come back!

I play in tormet and i always manage to bring him down by mass madness scroll.

Dont use it till he does not summon the last bat set as they are the most powerful and a big help for you i think using a scroll is better than a cheat

commo dont take it too personally i also do iampoor cheat at least thrice in a game.

But i think mass madness scroll works good