E2: Not exactly sure what to do...

Hondero

I thought I loved Exile 2's non-linear quality, but after taking a 3-month break, I am overwhelmed at all the quests I need to do. Those other RPGs that have a self-recording quest book really makes things easier (little to no thinking needed, LOL). But after firing up Exile 2 again, I don't know exactly which quests to do.

If it helps, here is some info on my party:

The characters are level 43, 45, 43, 23, 22, and 20. You can tell which ones do most of the killing. smile

I have royal clearance, all three Empire passes, and my keys are: BIM LVFR

So far, I still have a lot to do. But I'm not exactly sure what order to do these things:

1. Get the Onyx Scepter, use it to destroy the empire teleporter? Mahdavi tells me that information on the teleporter and the scepter are in a tower north of Fort Dranlon (Tower of Elderan). However, I already killed Elderan and sacked his tower much earlier as a previous quest, and I must have seen everything there was... should I re-do his tower to find this information?

2. Get the Orb of Thralni. I went through most of Fort Kothar before, but stopped at that nasty room, where walking certain directions generated monsters and fields.

3. Teleport to Akhronath and retrieve Vyvnas-Bok (I have quickfire and have talked to Erika, Athron, and Ostoth)

4. Free Caffren-Bok from the Ziggurat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

You may as well go get the Orb first, especially if you already cleared most of Kothtar. Caffren's quest is intended to be the easier Crystal Soul quest, I believe, so you might do that first; but first get the evidence from the Vahnatai Fort in the chasm-filled area north of Avit, and show it to the Council. The Teleporter quest is involved, so I usually rescue all three Crystal Souls before doing much of it. Assassinating Garzahd, of course, can and should be saved for last.

IIRC, Sulfras has the Onyx Scepter (you gave it to him in Exile 1) and you can retrieve it after you free him.

Originally Posted By: Displacer Feast
You may as well go get the Orb first, especially if you already cleared most of Kothtar. Caffren's quest is intended to be the easier Crystal Soul quest, I believe, so you might do that first; but first get the evidence from the Vahnatai Fort in the chasm-filled area north of Avit, and show it to the Council. The Teleporter quest is involved, so I usually rescue all three Crystal Souls before doing much of it. Assassinating Garzahd, of course, can and should be saved for last.

IIRC, Sulfras has the Onyx Scepter (you gave it to him in Exile 1) and you can retrieve it after you free him.

Thanks for the reply. Raiding Kothar for the Orb sounds like a good idea, so I will give that a try.

Today, I just delivered the Orders to Fort Haledon to the commander there, and he said he'd help assault the Ziggurat. The tunnel right to the east of the fort still had an impassable barrier (it leads to the Ornotha Ziggurat), so I think I did miss the evidence step you mentioned.

Thank you for the help again. At first I told the commander to launch the attack and the barrier still wasn't down, but then I triggered the changed special at the entrance of the fort, which gave the option of starting the attack. The Ziggurat was a lot of fun and so was the battle on the Guardian Plains; this game rocks. I might go back to level 2 and see if there's anything special because the quickfire made me run for it.

I plan to go to Ft. Kothar for the Orb next, just to get the Crystal Green Mace (a magic flail for my 3rd fighter just isn't enough) in the chasms near New Sulfras's Lair, and the chasms need the Orb to get across.

• 2 months later...

I know what im about to ask is a 99.9% chance you say no. Is there is full version for exile 2? It would be really nice if there was. I just got up to chapter III: Testing, and finished the mind test. Cant find what else to do, but im not going to figure out were to go next. Well until i get the full version, and thats a 99.9% no there is not. )=

O well. I guess this is pointless.

Look on the website. The full version of Exile 2 is still being sold (I myself bought it about a year or two ago along with the other two Exile games).

Before registering, you can still do the other two tests (Speed and Strength) and explore the Vahnatai lands.