A G5 Based Game[G5]

Originally Posted By: FrostBit Shaper
It's based on how many are attacking and how many are defending.

It usually is, and generals usually have something a bit more substantive to use when judging the wisdom of attacks. Is it a simple 1:1 attrition rate so that a 500 vs. 500 fight ends up with everyone dead? Do superior numbers reduce casualties for the superior side or increase them for the inferior? Does defending (or attacking) make things easier?

Quote:
Also players will get a reputation with the outsiders depending on what you do for them. If you have a good rep. with the outsiders they will help you fight.

The who now? These are the kinds of details that help in advance.

—Alorael, who also assumes that things like reputation could use a little work. As it looks now he's getting the impression that this game works like Nation States, but everyone gets the same prompts each day, there's some free-form diplomacy with mechanical effects, and there's warfare.

DANGITDANGITDANGITDANGITDDDAAANNNGGGIITTT! MY HUNK OF JUNK COMPUTER JUST KILLED ITSELF! Just out of the blue I get a blue screen that it can't read the hard disk! to make it worse it won't boot up at all! Plus there aren't any other computers in the house so I'm using a friend's computer!

PS. the game is called off 'cause I can't get another computer for at lest another 6 to 8 months!

Since FrostBit never actually started it and never gave rules, no one is playing it. In fact, there isn't even really a game to play, just the proposal that someone make one.

—Alorael, who thinks he's implied by his silence that he won't run it. It's still open to anyone else. He's a bit reminded of an old joke: "Want to hear a joke? Okay, you start."