Photo Thread Reborn

Balladeer

I'm back!

After one of the most hectic summers on record, I have finally gotten settled down (for the next month or so, at least) and uploaded a few of the highlight images from the past several months. I won't link them all, but here's a few of my favorites:

Fireworks

Rabbit

Morning Light

Cheesecake!

Light(bulb) in the Dark

New York City Pidgeons

Originally Posted By: Rowen
How do you tell them apart?

It involves much angry muttering and flipping frantically through the ID book for me.

Originally Posted By: Master1
FYT

Thanks. FYT might not be the best choice for a serious correction, though.

Quote:
Mistb0rn would like to humbly submit that Dikiyoba's skill with a camera is unbelievable, as Mistb0rn stares in jealous awe at the multitude of Dikiyoba's incredible images.

Dikiyoba's secret is to take lots and lots and lots of photographs. You get lucky eventually.

Originally Posted By: Rowen
Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Seagull (I think it's a western gull, but I don't know enough to be sure.)

I saw a baygull that looked just like that once. How do you tell them apart?

Well, when you apply about five hundred Newtons of force in the form of a shotgun blast, you can tell the difference because a baby gull flies much farther.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Master1
FYT

Thanks. FYT might not be the best choice for a serious correction, though.
I suppose that, with the way that abbreviation is used in this forum, you're right.
Amazing.

Originally Posted By: Mistborn

Technically, that's a harvestman, not a spider.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
That is one hell of a neat-looking fungus. Probably edible, too, but don't take my word for it.

Looks like it's probably in the Laetiporus genus, which would make it edible. Dikiyoba is still too leery to touch it, though.

That reminds me of when I was in school. Every year, and I do mean every , some random kid that I did not know would tell me that im going to grow up to be a serial killer. So you probably shouldnt be worried about Dikiyoba, as Dikiyoba probably hasnt been told repeatedly that that is how Dikiyoba will grow up.

Originally Posted By: Tirien
But technically, Dikiyoba is a creation, correct?

No.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
when i said "don't take my word for it" i didn't actually mean "eat it and find out"

I took my mushroom guidebook's word for it. Is that good enough for you?

Dikiyoba thought it tasted like really gross chicken, but then Dikiyoba overcooked it.

Once more, returning to the original intent of the topic... there's an annual hot air balloon race in St. Louis, and the night before they light up all of the balloons in a fair-like atmosphere. It's awesome, and I got a bunch of pictures. And this one is the best.

Also, giant spider!!!