Photo Thread Reborn

Balladeer

Originally Posted By: !Trenton.
RESERVED UNTILL I FIND A COOL PICTURE

Dude, that's spam. You don't have to "reserve" posts, and this thread is for images that you took yourself. Plus, people get no notification if you edit a post, so all you've done is waste people's time and insure that if you eventually post a picture, nobody will see it.

1233928590_citizen-kane-clapping.gif

Cut him some slack, Dantius. It at least shows some desire for forethought rather than random posting, which is more than many members can claim. Really though, Trenton, there's no reason to reserve a spot in a thread like this. It's exempt from necro rules, and editing doesn't show up as something new, so people will miss it.

You might be able to transfer your DSi pics with a card reader. I don't own one, and can't say for sure.

• 1 month later...

Just did a 10 day trip from Moscow, Idaho to Winchester Bay, Oregon to Moses Lake, Washington and back to Moscow. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Leed's building natural wall

Somethings on fire on the freeway

No one was hurt thankfully

Bowling for Soup live

Sixes River

Me bass fishing

Dad aways gets the bigger fish

Cape Blanco Lighthouse

Umpqua Lighthouse at night

Wife at Cape Blanco Light house

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Cairo Jim
That's an equation?

An expression, technically. But most people don't really know the difference, as evidenced by the fact that that image's file name is "The_Engineer's_Favorite_Equation.png" and not "The_Engineer's_Favorite_Expression.png"

I have the perfect comeback to this. Which is to say Dikiyoba showed me the perfect comeback to this, and I cannot find it, nor remember anything other than it was perfect, and therefore cannot post it.

Just take it on faith. You were 1-upped.

Originally Posted By: Nikki
I have the perfect comeback to this. Which is to say Dikiyoba showed me the perfect comeback to this, and I cannot find it, nor remember anything other than it was perfect, and therefore cannot post it.

I do indeed have a perfect comeback, but it was not meant for this situation. (This situation doesn't need a comeback, otherwise I would have the perfect comeback for it, of course, because I am perfect. Except for all the times that I am not.)

Dikiyoba wishes to keep the turtles happy, so have a nutria family. They may be invasive, but they are still cute.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Cairo Jim
That's an equation?

An expression, technically. But most people don't really know the difference, as evidenced by the fact that that image's file name is "The_Engineer's_Favorite_Equation.png" and not "The_Engineer's_Favorite_Expression.png"

There.

Now shush

View of Lake Michigan

This is the last picture I took from the balcony of the lakeside cottage that has been in my family for nearly 60 years. It's been sold, recently, and will be torn down later this year to make room for a modern dwelling. This was one of the last relics from my childhood. No matter what changed in my life, I could always count on the large family reunions we'd have there every summer. Unfortunately, things change and that anchor's aweigh.

These are from a camping/fishing trip I took with my brother (same one that I went kayaking with) on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Freeze Out Ridge

SR 363

Car was parked on the road and it was a 3 mile hike down to the river. The change in altitude from the car to the river was 1,448 feet.

Cutthroat Trout

Another Cutthroat Trout

Me holding a Rainbow Trout

Brother holding a Cutthroat Trout

The Little North Fork of the Clearwater River

It was a fun trip and we caught about 70 fish each. All fishing we did this trip was catch and release.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread demands a tribute of Cat Photos!

Normally, they never sleep this close together. I usually take multiple pictures of a scene, but I only managed to snap off the one here, since Sydney tends to enjoy making taking pictures of her a nightmare.

Sydney does not approve of your shennanigans.

Protip to cat owners: This is why you don't store your towels in the same drawer as the catnip tea. Not only does it get cat saliva all over your towels, but it unlocks the mystical and terrible powers of felinity.

This was a stray that just showed up one day. A young male; despite the grumpy face, he was actually a very friendly cat. (Sorry about the blurriness, it was the only shot I managed to get with him facing me)

I'll post more once I get them uploaded. It's rather slow-going on dialup.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There used to be an emu ranch along the highway between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. We stopped in there once and bought a bizarre range of emu-based products. I'm not a very observant eater, but I could probably eat emu and think it was beef. Interesting to learn that kangaroo is similar. In return I can offer the observation that ostrich is very like emu, and alligator is very much like chicken.