Photo Thread Reborn

Balladeer

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba

That's quite an aesthetically pleasing tree.

Agreed. Coolest plate ever.

Where? (That's a joke, I can see it.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My, it's been a while.

---

Wildlife of Misnomer Ponds:

Muskrat

Golden-crowned sparrow

Canadian goose

---

Apparently, Yellowstone is horrifying:

Mule deer

Elk skull

Quite possibly the most terrifying goose in the world

---

Dikiyoba will post some non-horrifying pictures of Yellowstone (and the Tetons) as soon as Dikiyoba is finished sorting through them.

We've had this discussion before...

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Actually, I think Dikiyoba strips the flesh off these poor animals so they can be photographed for artistic merit.

Don't be silly. If I did do that, I would have all of the skeleton and not just part of it.

We're on to you now. Not only do you strip the flesh off these poor animals so they can be photographed for artistic merit, but you take a photo of each fragment of the skeleton, so as to increase your post count!

Quote:
Canada Goose
FYT. A Canadian goose would be any goose born in Canada (which would be quite a few).

Also: Content!

This wasn't taken by me, but was taken at my house. Seeing one Pileated here is rare enough (especially in the suburbs); seeing two was a rare treat.

We're on to you now. Not only do you strip the flesh off these poor animals so they can be photographed for artistic merit, but you take a photo of each fragment of the skeleton, so as to increase your post count!
We shall soon see a photo of a human skull, about the same time as Dinti goes missing. tongue

but [Dikiyoba] take a photo of each fragment of the skeleton, so as to increase [Dikiyoba's] post count!

Don't be ridiculous. Skeletons are useless for post counts. Diki just sells them to Jeff, hence the massive amount of skeletons we find in random jars.

EDIT: I misread/misunderstood what you were saying about the postcount. Ignore my first two sentences. I shall leave them to remind me of my shame.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: Master1
Skeletons are useless for post counts. Diki just sells them to Jeff, hence the massive amount of skeletons we find in random jars.
So that's where all the piles of skulls in the dungeons come from! I knew there was a conspiracy! tongue
But most of those are human bones. Hmmm...

• 2 months later...

No photos, but I wish I had a video camera. While I was walking with my dog around the local lake here in NC, the general calm of the area was suddenly pierced by two shrill and lucid notes (A, C#). I had never seen/heard a bird with a song like that, so I quickly looked around for the source. The call was repeated and then quickly answered by a second. As both repeated, a third joined in, and then many more. I looked up in the nearby tree and spotted three medium sized birds perched near each other, bouncing/bobbing up and down and repeating the same notes over and over in chorus. This went on for about a minute before they finished and flew away. It would have been some amazing footage if I had had a high quality video camera + tripod. Definitely my favorite moment in nature by far.

The birds looked and sounded almost like Blue jays, but they weren't blue. If anyone has an idea of what they might have been, I'm all ears.

EDIT: They were gray, but otherwise looked like Blue Jays.