When making a shaper?[G5]

I favor pumping intelligence very high. I get Battle Shaping to anywhere from 10 to 15 and put a few points into Magic and Fire (but not as much), and then pump Intelligence to the exclusion of almost everything else. By the time you are able to get the essence-hungry level 4 and 5 creations, you need all the intelligence you can get. With items, I ended my last game with 28 or 29 Intelligence. I had a full crew of 7 powerful creations. By the time you get to the upper tier of creations, they are powerful enough that you don't need to max out on Shaping. I would pick one Shaping area to focus on (my choice in G5 is Battle!!) and put enough in the other two to get some decent creations.

It's almost impossible to lose the game if you have tons of intelligence and a large, powerful crew. Past midgame, my Shock Trooper (or Lifecrafter) pretty much wiped the floor with everything in the PC's path.