Usefulness of ordering CD and/or hint book?

If I want to order one of these games, is it worthwhile for me to order the CD or the hintbook? Have you (whoever you are who's reading this) ever had trouble where you found it valuable to have the CD, or that made you wish you had gotten the CD? What about the hintbook? If got you it, how valuable was it to you, and if you didn't get it, did you ever have trouble such that you needed? What kind of information is in it - is it just a walkthrough, or does it explain game mechanics, etc?

Thank you.

I bought the GF5 hintbook as a souvenir. It has quite a lot of useful information including walkthroughs and maps. While it doesn't explain game mechanics (that information is in the manual) and much of the content is already on these forums (albeit in a less convenient form), the hintbook is still a neat thing to have.

I used to get the CD which has both Windows and Mac versions on it. Makes it much easier to move games to another computer. Plus you get the unregistered versions of the other games so you can try them out.

The hint books vary in usefulness. The maps are great and when you need a hint for a puzzle they are useful.