Stoneworks factory.[G5]

If they're golems that attack you on sight, they're the wrong ones. If they weren't hostile, you just destroyed them.

—Alorael, who recommends gaining experience anywhere else you can possibly go for now. The Stoneworks are hard! Once you've exhausted your possibilities, you can try again. Acid and physical are good for killing golems, but expect to start depleting your stock of healing and buffing items.

Originally Posted By: Geneforgeisformeyukkyu
I don't know what you are talking about, on torment, when I tried to use acid on golems, it had almost no effect on it whatsoever.

Which spell did you use? Searer is now poison, not acid, so it won't do much to golems. Burning Spray is acid and it works fine even on Torment.

It actually works out fairly well for just about every play style. If you shape, you have a source of acid or physical: bugs for battle, roamers for fire, and the admittedly more difficult artilas for magic. Magic is tougher, but you can manage with the spells Randomizer named. Hack 'n slashers do their usual thing.

—Alorael, who definitely ended up with more roamers than he expected to use on his first Stoneworks playthrough.

I just went through there last night on my first playthrough of GF5. I'm an Agent with a drips acid steel broadsword, so my main strategy right now is pretty much to burning spray/melee someone or lightning aura them, then move on to everyone else around until all the baddies are getting done 200 points of auto-damage per turn while I just heal/cure myself.

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody!

Well, I am at lvl 25 (Shaper biznitch!)w/three cryoas and a battle alpha at moderate levels. So far I am at the ROOM OF DEATH, well for me... My strat with the golems are physical attacks from the creatures while thorny auro is up. It's not melting butter but it works...

right now I am stuck in that dizamm room... it might be time to drop the cryoas. =( they are the first to hit the floor.

You'll notice 4 levers in the room. Two of them are next to doors. One door opens if left unchecked, and guardian roamers come and attack you. The other is the exit. The other two levers control the bursts of energy. By clicking on each lever in order (although the order doesn't matter, just stick to it), you can keep the energy from blasting you, keep the roamers from attacking you, and eventually unlock the exit door. Just keep running in circles.

Cryoas are a poor choice to get through that area since only their melee attack does significant damage against the golems and they don't take physical damage that well.

I got through with a sorceress and 3 cryoas by finding a room where I could stand near the doorway with my cryoas safely behind me and acid attack the only golem that could hit me from the doorway. It's painful and you spend most of the time healing.

• 11 years later...

Sorry for the necropost, but the most effective strategy for stoneworks is to apply acid and wait, as almost every enemy has 50% physical res or more, and are effectively immune to fire and cold. Shaping builds can use corrupted thahds, magic builds get burning spray, acid batons, so on and so forth. if you're playing a guardian you should be prepared to suffer already.