Who is your favorite exile?

Prazac

Patrick. He was obviously jealous of Erica, Solberg and the more powerful wizards, but still did all he could for Exile. And he even managed to live the good life, with his wife. I think he is one of the more intriguing personalities in Exile.

Of course, if you'd get to choose from all the Exiles, I'd say Nance and Elspeth. They're not deep or anything like that, but they give the whole Exile thing a human face. They hang around from the beginning to the end, and their fates impersonate that of Exile's. Their characters are thin as paper, and still they somehow manage to change during the trilogy.

Of course, there are many other characters that also hang along. But Nance and Elspeth are still... the most human. The innocent. Those who suffer. Those who flee the war rather than go kicking Empire arse. Those who get separated and reunited. Those who actually live their lives. It's hard to explain, but I don't think I've found anything similar to them in other games.

Well, Erika's an obvious choice. I chose Patrick because I like that his tower is a center for magical (and quasi-scientific) inquiry.

Of all the Exiles, though — or Avernites, really, seeing as how I never played the Exile Trilogy — I like Rita (the researcher in Patrick's Tower), Elspeth (of Cotra in A1 and I forget where in A2), and, well, can't think of others right now, but a few others. Probably at least one in Dharmon (head priest of that temple, maybe) and one in the Formello region, a smith up in that fort, maybe.

Ah, just as long as no one puts Linda

Solberg for me out that list but I would have picked Scab- His story is even less fully explained than Elspeth/Nance but like Gypsy and the other two shows up in all three and manages to do Exile a good turn without meaning to.

Elspeth is in Silvar in E2 and in New Cotra I think in E3

I am rather fond of Anaximander, although mostly, I admit, because of his hidden dialogue in the game's resource strings.

I've never understood why people's favorite is Rentar-Ihrno. She is quite popular, but other than that she has greater magical power than just about anyone else in the world, I don't understand what makes her exceptional in the slightest. She is rather one-dimensional, personality-wise.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
I've never understood why people's favorite is Rentar-Ihrno. She is quite popular, but other than that she has greater magical power than just about anyone else in the world, I don't understand what makes her exceptional in the slightest. She is rather one-dimensional, personality-wise.
Well, as I see it, I don't need any other reason then she does have greater magical power than ANYONE...
And the fact that she's Vahnatai really helps.
She is quite uninteresting personality wise, but thats ok, because if you can create a horde of Alien Beasts, you don't need to have a personality...

EDIT: Then again, I notice this post is about Exiles, not subterrainean creatures, so I would have to go with the third bandit on the left when you enter the Bandit's Lair from E3 (the ones who stole the crystal) yea... That guy was cool...

Hello, Motrax was never exiled by the Empire! :p At least if you think short-term; I heard the Dragons were driven underground centuries before.

There are plenty of NPCs that struck me as likable. Erika is one of them, at least as much for inspiring sympathy for her curse as for that vengeful personality. Micah is a nice person too, and with a lot of wisdom.

Quote:
Originally written by Let's all be Elves and also Spam:
Hello, Motrax was never exiled by the Empire! :p At least if you think short-term; I heard the Dragons were driven underground centuries before.
Hello, like totally, If they were driven underground then by who? Probably the Empire. Same concept. Besides that he's the best choice, all the Exiles sucked anyways.

BTW: Who cares?

• 5 weeks later...

If I had to choose a dragon to pick it would not be Motrax. I think that I would go with Athron, as she always seems the most well, interesting of the four. In interest the dragons go Athron, Sulfras, Pyrog, and the Motrax for me, while in loot the Death Spear of Athron, and the mace and armour of sulfras are almost as nice as Scrioth. The only dragon who's loot totally sucks is Pyrog. Is he the weakest?

• 3 months later...

There are a couple I like.

The lady in Formmello (E2) who tells you where you can find 'that fat bastard's' mushroom patch. Hmmmm.... any-one else think its a bit suspicious?

Also, I really enjoyed talking to Levy the fool, alothough i would not like to meet him. I think the Evil Acolyte that is freindly in Gebra or whatever near Libras in E3 is good.

Quote:
Originally written by Spring:

The lady in Formmello (E2) who tells you where you can find 'that fat bastard's' mushroom patch. Hmmmm.... any-one else think its a bit suspicious?
Yah, that's Rose I like, a fellow adventurer drunkard information sharer. Anyway the 'fat bastard' is a merchant alchemist in the town - name forgotten - who dominates regional supply of toadstool, but still buys those for price, and she tells you the secret patch where these are grown. Not very 'suspicious' I think smile

Edit: And as I remember the Motrax lady says something like : 'How great it would be to be remembered and remorsed by such a powerful being of wisdom . . .'. My impression was that she enjoyed Motrax's friendship as something that raised her social position, while her heart belonged, somewhat, to Ko.

Quote:
Origianlly written by whitenightgiver:
Yah, that's Rose I like, a fellow adventurer drunkard information sharer. Anyway the 'fat bastard' is a merchant alchemist in the town - name forgotten - who dominates regional supply of toadstool, but still buys those for price, and she tells you the secret patch where these are grown. Not very 'suspicious' I think
I don't think you get my meaning
P.S: The sages name is 'Townsed'.