A1: Quest Log

Wait, there is quest list for Avernum? mad OH Shoot.

And to think that I played through the whole darn thing with a pen and paper at hand. cry I know that many people enjoy playing games lacking quest logs, but for me it just sucks the fun out of gaming. Probably the reason A2 was such a drastic improvement over A1. Thanks Dikiyoba and Tyranicus. Maybe I'll use them as referance in a future replay.

Originally Posted By: Feo Takahari
I do every quest as soon as possible to get it off the list. Good thing they're never the boring and pointless filler found in certain rival RPG series. (Incidentally, kudos to Jeff for avoiding that.)

Originally Posted By: From the list of A1 quests
Gary, the bartender in Silvar, is looking for some natural hot springs.

Gad, the bartender in Formello, will pay a lot for sugar.

Jen in Formello will pay a lot for high quality mushroom meal.

There aren't any boring/filler quests in A1? I beg to differ.

The boring ones are usually "go here, kill these things." The sugar quest requires an actual decision. The hot springs quest at least requires you to pay a bit of attention. The mushroom meal quest is just free payment, though.

—Alorael, who agrees that the series has its share of filler quests. At least you don't have to suffer through loading screens to finish them.