Getting to Lysstak the Beast

Okay, I'm playing Avernum 5 now and am enjoying it immensely. However, I'm a bit stuck in the area around the Northern Frontier.

I'm having trouble finding Lysstak the Beast. I've searched the entire Northern Frontier pretty much for a way to him, but to no avail. I've talked to everyone around too, but no one mentions anything useful.

So, how do I find this super fast and powerful warrior so I can slay him and move on?

Go to the mine southwest of Exodus run by a nephil that trapped the place. Go below and take his elevator to the next level. Then head north and west and the north again until you run into Lysstak's men. As long as you find more of them to kill you are going in the right direction as you head north.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find him either... I killed everyone in the bandit underground tunnel, I killed his pet Ogre V-something-or-other... but the only two roads off this map lead either east to the underground part of the potion store in Exodus, or to west that other system of tunnels that goes nowhere but back up. Help!

Edit: Hahaha I'm an idiot, not two minutes after I posted this I noticed the staircase.

Now for a related question. I think I accidentally killed Mayor Kilgore (don't ask, I have no idea). Is it impossible for me to get into tranquility now?

The mayor in Exodus is supposed to give you a passage bracelet if you accidently kill Mayor Kilgore.

Or just kill everyone in Exodus to open the gate and be careful to avoid sentinel patrols as you go towards Solberg's Tower in Tranquility. He will give you a bracelet if you manage to survive without angering too many people.