Crafting ingredients

Jerakeen

Is it really worth hanging on to all these things? Right now I'm walking around with a small fortune in fine steel, rubies, etc. and so far nobody has offered to make me anything that's better than what I've found lying around (potions excluded). Well, I haven't found anything better than blessed boots, but it's only a matter of time. I'm only at Exodus, if that makes a difference.

Opinions?

I hung on to my stash, but I don't think I had used it all up at the end of the game.

I also had items crafted that I would turn around and sell, they brought in some good change.

I know there's a crafter at the end of the game that makes some nice stuff.

If you don't mind some spoilers, check out the Avernum 5 Gazatteer. It lists the crafters found in each town and the items they make.

http://www.anthonygoreham.net/text/a5-text.html

Personally, I hold onto as many of the crafting ingredients as I can. I use most of them for Energy Potions and Knowledge Brews, but some of the crafters can make VERY useful stuff. It's true that in some cases you can find the same things laying about, but sometimes you want more than one or you want to sell one thing or another. And a few things cannot be found.

Some of the crafters are way better than the others, though. I deal mostly with the weapon/magic item guys in Tranquility, Highground, Muck, and Melanchion's Isle. They're the best ones.

I always like the Blasted Vambraces.

Here's a list of stuff you can get crafted in Melanchion's Keep:

Crafted by Helft:

Putrified Gauntlets = 5 × fine leather + 1 × demon’s bile + 4 × focusing crystal + 1 × eyestalk + 500 coins;

Blasted Vambraces = 4 × fine steel + 1 × demon’s bile + 4 × focusing crystal + 500 coins;

Wand of the Inferno= 1 × eyestalk + 1 × demon’s bile + 2 × focusing crystal + 500 coins.

Taken from the Avernum 5 Gazatteer.

Originally Posted By: Doom Warrior
From a question above: I was talking about the heartstriker bow. Some may not consider it good, but I liked it, and it was just about the only thing worthwhile to use those eyebeast stalks for anyways.

Didn't Warmaster Helms also require eyestalks? 25% fatigue reduction is pretty great.

Originally Posted By: Thuryl

Didn't Warmaster Helms also require eyestalks? 25% fatigue reduction is pretty great.

Mandrake Tincture and Demon's Bile and few other ingredients.

I didn't use Warmaster Helm since I liked more about protection not extras at fighters although spellcasters had Runed Helms not fighters (obvious reason naturally).