Blue Screen Crash Dump

Bruce Mitchell

I'm getting the 'Blue Screen of Death' - but only when I play Blades of Exile.

Previously, I have played a fair bit of Blades of Exile on this computer without any problems.

The files that help describe the problem are:-

Mini030109-06.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Extra information about the problem:-

BCCode: 1000008e

BCP1: 80000003

BCP2: 8289E66C

BCP3: B7059C7C

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Server information: dda1f122-4c0c-416d-9e7d-8d0c452803b1

My notebook is a Medion MD 96640, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 at 1.83GHz, 3GB RAM, 32 bit operating system, Windows Vista Home Premium.

My NVIDEA GeForce 9300M G Display Adapter Driver is up to date.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Should Blades of Exile be removed and reloaded? If so, I have a problem as I have mislaid my original CDRom...

Any help appreciated...

Is the crashing totally random? Or is it linked to a certain save game, scenario or town? Is it linked to a certain game action like casting a certain spell? Jeff had provision for turning off sounds or targeting lines in order to avoid crashes.

Have you tried the Compatibility mode, accessed by right clicking the program in Windows Explorer? If you are playing the original version then you would set it for Windows 95 or Windows 98/ME.

Thanks for the replies.

In short, I hadn't tried Compatibility Mode as previously I hadn't needed it on this computer. I tried 2000 and 1995 compaibility modes which didn't work - but 98 seems to be working fine.

The crash was happening when I looked at things, when I re-entered towns, as well as other random times within BoE.

In any event, the problem seems fixed.

If it doesn't last, I will try contacting Jeff for a bug-free version of BoE and/or reformat computer.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

W'95 should be the best choice because of the vintage of BoE.

It will probably still happen on occasion, but should be just a rare inconvenience.

I spend quite a bit of time, at least 30 hours per week in the winter, with scenarios and usually have a couple of Word docs, one or two Excel docs, Paint and a BoE Scenario running at the same time and may get a BSOD once in a few months; and that's usually because I've stuck a couple of other items in there, too.

IMNSHO, I don't feel it's worth changing systems, not that it's that much of an inconvenience.

Besides, it gives me a chance to get another cup of coffee and go to the bathroom. ;^}

me