Changing Model Color[G5]

AaronC

Is there ANYWAY to change the color of your model? What I mean is at creation you have 8 or however many colors to choose from (they all look horrible on most of the classes save for a couple), and I, naturally chose blue for my shaper. I've realized the error of my ways, but I've already started over too many times. So is there some file I can edit to change back to the default color of my Shaper?

As a sidenote why are the alternate colors so ugly and abrasive compared to the perfect look of the default ones?

The colors are probably so unfortunate because they are absolutely rock-bottom budget palette swaps with no correction. Oh well.

Search through the graphics files until you find your character. Then replace those graphics with the ones you want. In your case you can just swap the names on files, probably.

—Alorael, who suspects that this is much easier and much less likely to cause all serviles to look like drakons than the more commonly requested graphics changes.

Oops, that's because the palette swaps are done on the fly.

—Alorael, who supposes you could take the base colors and alter them yourself. He's entirely unsure what will happen when they're swapped, but if you finesse it right you can probably make whatever you want (and probably also make many NPCs come out atrociously garish).

I've noticed this thread with people talking about altering the graphic files to get the custom coloring for thier charater's. I guess NOBODY AT ALL notice the settings option entitled "Graphic Extra's". All you have to do is click on it so it say's "Draw All". This way you aren't stuck with the base color's.