A couple of questions[G5]

First. can I access the SW corner of the East Shadow Road? I've cleared everything else here except for that nasty rot in the center), but I never found a switch for the pylons blocking the way here. Are there any, or is this a red herring? And...I'm trying to go solo, Normal difficulty the first time through. No creations, just me. For those that have done the solo route: my God, what did you do about being stunned??? I found what I assume will be a back path into Gorash-Kel in the Infested Crossroads, guarded by two submission turrets. Essentially, once they hit and stunned me, they were able to keep doing so unto my death, with no chance for me to rectify the situation or retreat. What gives? I'm stumped and a little frustrated, so I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks!

That's a good strategy...and one that I tried. I've got stun resistance of 73%, but that didn't seem to help. Once I got hit one time (which was EVERY time), it was over, even when only being attacked by one turret. The only thing I can think of to do is to create a sacrificial tank-like creation with max endurance and send them in first to absorb the initial attacks. I could then nail the turret with an acid attack and retreat, letting the acid do its work. Only problem is that, having gone solo, I've essentially ignored my Shaping abilities, so I'm uncertain of my ability to create a strong enough creation. Does Essence Infusion work on creations? We'll see. Thanks.

I tried and gave up on running solo early on, even with an inf. If you're playing Torment, forget about it, especially since most inf/agent tactics no longer work. If you're not developing shaping skill it's best to make the best possible creation at the earliest possible level so that it'll level up with you and remain effective and survivable. Even if you don't use it all the time, at least you've got it on standby. I haven't been able to pass submission turrets without my roamer.

No I did it all except the last expert battle without creations as a guardian and as an agent tormented singleton.

You need lots of endurance for health and strength for high stun resistance and a chance to survive multiple rounds. Even then it's possible to get into a stun loop. Acid attack at least offers a chance that the stun turret or spinecore will die while you are stunned. I mostly used icy spray.

The southwest part of the East Shadow Road pylons are turned off by

Click to reveal..
Use the lever in the northeast rooms to open a secret door to the east to the missing spore box.

Or you can just push through the pylons and hope to survive, but that is much harder.