Geneforge 5 Windows Trainer Quick & Dirty[G5]

Pyro

Originally Posted By: -=microphage=-

I have v1.0.2 and v1.5 for v1.00 of the trainer and they work fine.

Originally Posted By: Domar
How did you get that to work? I didn't grab the game until it was version 1.0.2, but both the 1.0 and 1.5 trainers have no effect at all when used, i tried running them from the desktop, the geneforge 5 folder, the saves folder, the actual folder of the save i loaded, nothing every time, if you can get it working, please tell me the secret. Edit: or tell me how to downgrade the game somehow.

Originally Posted By: Hannes
Joining in with Domar, share the secret tongue

Sorry folks. No secret. Not that I know of. I'm running G5 v1.0.2 & QnD v1.5 on an Abit AV8 mobo, AMD XP 3700+, 2gb dual-channel SDRAM, ATI AGP Radeon 9600 256mb. And XP sp3.

All versions of game (G5 1.00, 1.0.1, 1.0.2) and trainer (0.9, 1.5) worked fine. I'll d/l the new trainer and see what happens.

Pyro, that trainer is great! Been having a blast with the teleporter! One little trick is to be able to get face to face with a soldier in front of a box and change 'x' by 1 and end up behind soldier and can access the contents and just move back. (I used to do an F3 quicksave and attack just to see what was in there. Never really anything worth much. Not worth a zone going hostile anyhow. And then hitting F4 to reload.)

Also, there was 1 canister that was inaccessable because of a river and got that too.

That ability has given me even more respect for Jeff's talent's and thoroughness as items and NPC's apparently never meant to be accessed work fine.

I'll go ahead and try the latest trainer just to test it and edit this later with result's.

OK. It works except for the duplicator and teleporter. Don't know if that helps out or not. I also tried starting a new game with same results. I'll just keep using v1.5 for v1.00 and hope for the best for everyone else.

Note: I had thought that the trainer v1.5 for ''v1.00'' was actually written, with improvements, for v1.0.2 released 3/9/9
I wonder where the actual version number is? I believed it was 1.0.2 because Jeff said it was. I looked at 'properties' and ver. info on the download and .exe and saw numbers that weren't 1.0.2? The main menu screen says v1.0 on all of them.

arggh i swear this is killing me lol... with my 1.0.2 duplicator and tele work fine...so i'm gonna need some more input from others...

glad to see people are having a blast with this.

G5 version numbers appeared on the main menu, under where it says your registered, each time I built a new trainer I did a full uninstall and reinstall to ensure I was working with that version number.

It may be easier to have a couple of QnD for G5 1.0.2 if you don't get more input about what types of systems people are running. I know that I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting. Not to mention this is the first and only 'trainer' that I know of for SpidWeb games.

I think that having a 'trainer' of this type out there is actually an honor in that so few "indies" have that popular a product that someone writes one. cool

Could we get some more positive input from people who are enjoying this Trainer? And those that are having issues post some stats (or PM Pyro) so he'll have something to work with? smile

''G5 version numbers appeared on the main menu, under where it says your registered...'' [Pyro]

Yes. But all of my installs show only 1.0 if yours says 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 I may be running different resolution or something. Duh. I did what you said about a total remove and install, not using 'repair' for updates, and there it was. crazy

Hey Pyro,

Good news! After I did a complete removal and clean install I saw my G5 v1.0 change to v1.0.2.

But that's not the news.

When I tried to run the QnD trainer I'd been running (v1.5 for v1.00) it gave me the symptoms (no dup, no tele) as the latest QnD did previously.

But that's not the news either.

The news is when I had the clean G5 v1.0.2 installed and then ran the new QnD v1.5 for v1.0.2 everything works flawlessly! WooHooooooo! crazy

Hopefully some of the folks who are having probs can clear them up by the same method. smile

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the trainer.

I had to completely uninstall-reinstall the game to get it working. Haven't tried the unlimited gold, hp or essence even as a test. Not interested in them.

Unlimited Skill point's would also be too good. Tested it out of curiosity though. Worked. Seemed to leave the 99 point as the amount after turning it off. Had to load the game to get them away. Fortunately i have a habit of saving just before testing. smile

Adding skill points worked when i learned to use it. The character sheet has to be open it would seem.

Reset i tested only once. It just got me to trouble.

I don't know if this is a user error. But i couldn't get the Duplicator to work. The info doesn't state do i have to put the item on the place first and turn the Duplicator on then or vica versa. I tried both to no avail.

The teleportator works very well, if i just remember to but my character as the first creature. At first i thought it doen't work. Then i started wondering: Where did that Roamer go to? laugh

The skill points can be set either using the slider or the unlimited skill point button, if you use the slider (or type in the form that displays your current skill points) you can set it to anything you want. So you don't have to deal with 99 skill points when your done modifying. (Useful if you want to maybe add 1 skill point or something for testing or to get past a certain area without a god party...)

to set it to zero turn OFF the unlimited skill point button and slid the slider all the way to the left.

the duplicator: shouldn''t really matter whether you put it on b4 or after you turn it on. once its ON any STACKABLE object in that slot is turned into 99 of thats. (orbs, lanterns, gemstones etc NOT swords or armour etc...) also make sure its actually on lol...

the teleporte: well lol I never really thought about it but Yeah it seems it teleports whatever character is inslot 1 to the X/Y location, I never tested it with anything other my pC in slot one, again thanks for pointing that out.

the reset skills has some quirks since it does reset all user assisgned skill points back to 0 could you explain what type oh trouble you had?

and of course glad you liked it/tried it/didn't yell at me ...

• 2 weeks later...

what version of windows are you using?

are you d/ling from this link?:

http://sqaguru.com/publictest/Geneforge_5_102_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe

make sure it downloads fully (1.1 mb) the server is kinda slow atm due to excessive use by other people so it may take a tad longer to d/l then normal.

Geneforge_5_102_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe is the file that you should have after it downloads, some anti-virus may call it a trojan since it will try injecting into geneforges program and intercept hot key commands so if could be an AV program blocking the use...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sirs,

The problem with the trainer that some people are having seems to have something to do with the executable. I have to run geneforge using the directX executable and the trainer hasn't been working in that situation. This evening I struggled through some garbled graphics to discover that the trainer was however working fine under the normal .exe. If this is you, you should be able to fire off a few skill points somewhat blindly and then save your game and load the directx version to play, you will still have 99 skill points to spend as well when you reload your game. Otherwise, it's unlikely to be a huge fix in order to make it work. Thank you for your efforts.

Unfortunatly the trainer won't work with the DX version -mostly cause I had no idea there was one, lol- and I probably won't be making one since the DX version dosen't work on my PC.

Never-the-less, there ARE other methoods of cheating enhancing your game, I would check out some of the scripts by Doom Warrior, -=microphage=- and other talented scripters.

Sorry.

Pyro, the DX version probably doesnt work because you dont hve the newest version. You can get it off the internet. Achilleez, if the normal version is slow for you,there are several methods to make it work perfeclty.The main problem is the speed of your computer. Try defragtizing it first, which workeed perfeclty for me, if not there are several programs that you can use to speed up your computer.

I found an alternative use for the trainer's duplicator. If you put a wand or baton on the duplicator, it muliplies its charges to 99. Meaning, I now have an Acid Baton that has 99 shots in the baton, not including the thorns.

Thanks for making this Pyro. It works like a charm. smile

The Great Archon

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah something is definetly wrong with the duplicator for me, after i get out of the starter place at some point it stops working im not sure last time i went to astoria and it had stopped working (some part along the way im sure) it also does not work on my end game character (i also have a PC not a mac if that helps)

I'm not sure, I always get caught up in the game and forget to test it out in each area, all I know is that at some point up to kratoa-kel something in the duplicator trainer script messed up but I'm pretty sure it messes up at different areas each time I play, and on my last character saves (before I even downloaded the trainer) I'l add that they didn't work on him (he's at endgame or close anyway)

EDIT: Also now the Essence On isn't working either. Skill points and the gold works though, I think the trainer has something modified to it at some point in the game I'm not sure...

EDIT EDIT: Do you want me to upload my current save(which it hasn't been working all the way up to the current place) or upload it right at the point it stops working? Because I don't have a save for that yet I'l try and get one though.

@Ganduvvv: you need to zip the entire save folder and upload that (so all the files in the folder)

So ummm where were you when the issue resolved itself?

@Master Ackrovan: Archmagus Micael was hosting it for me looks like his website is down i'll have to dig up the files and upload to my server

Surprisingly I was at the endgame when it started working but then after I got killed (I set off the orb and the wingbolt blocked my way out) it had stopped working then it started working again when I was in Isenwood's Spire.

Also the duplicator only works in some zones it started working when I was in Stormhold it seems to work on and off.

• 2 months later...

Most of the internal links were broken the last time UBB was upgraded or whatever. Some were repaired, others were lost. I think we may be getting another update before long (I think a mod mentioned this, but I could be wrong), so they may not get fixed until after that.

Hello again,

It definately appears that the host site for the Q & D v1.5 trainer for Geneforge 5 v1.0.2 PC version is down.

It's well past time for a Labor Day Weekend crash to have been fixed.

I would really appreciate it if anyone with a copy would PM me so that I can give an email address that supports attachments. The file is only 1.2 mb. Google, or Yahoo mail supports up to 25mb email size.

I have a website that I can host it on that's dedicated to SpidWeb games. As long as Pyro and SW don't mind. At any rate, I'd just like to have a copy since I lost mine in a storage hard drive crash. I just started playthrough 5 (6?) and really miss the teleporter. I could post a link in this thread and possibly a back up here:

http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/

Note: If you cycle back without getting there: Copy & paste it to your browser.

Uber cheats.

SDF Codes and more for things usually do-able only by script editing.

Pyro's last post was June 30th. I tend to get very involved in the forums after a new game is released. Then it gets sporatic, sometimes months, till someone asks me a question or I start another replay.

• 2 years later...