Geneforge 5 Windows Trainer Quick & Dirty[G5]

Pyro

Hi all,

Built a small trainer for Windows.

Features:

Skill Points - When set to ON assignable skill points will be set to 99 and will not change.

Gold - When set to ON available gold will be set to 9999 and will not change

Essence - When set to ON available essence points will be set to 999 and will not change ( even after shaping a creature)

HP - When set to ON available hit/health points will be set to 9999 and will not change (You can still die at scripted events or if a blow does more then 9999 damage)

Duplicator - Any STACKABLE item placed in the picture red slot while duplicator is set to ON will create 99 of that object

NEW~~~~~~~~~

More skill points options: allows you to choose how many ASSIGNABLE skill points you have (0-99 is the max the slider will go; these will decrease when used; shouldn't be used with the "Skill points On/off button" ON; box can be typed in)

Reset Skills: When clicked all current Skils (int, dex, str, etc...) will be reset to 0

Teleporter: (This can result in bugs so please save first!) change you X/Y values to teleport you anywhere on the current map.

~~~~Lots of thanks to those who helped troubleshoot and stay patient. Special thanks to microphage for his support and input!~~~~

Instructions:

1. Open trainer

2. Open Game

3. Alt-Tab to trainer

4. Click buttons to turn on/off features

5. Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~V1.5 for G5 version 1.0.2~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: Requires a CLEAN install of the LATEST version of the game. (So uninstall your game , download from homepage, reinstall, use the trainer smile )

Screenshot: http://sqaguru.com/publictest/v2.JPG

D/L

http://rapidshare.com/files/281117378/Geneforge_5_102_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe

http://sqaguru.com/publictest/Geneforge_5_102_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe

~~~~~~~~~~~V1.5 for G5 version 1.00~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screenshot: http://sqaguru.com/publictest/v2.JPG

Download (~1.2 MB):

http://sqaguru.com/publictest/Geneforge_5_1.00_Trainer_Pyro_1.5.exe

~~~~V.1~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screenshot:

[img:center]http://sqaguru.com/publictest/g5qndss.JPG[/img]

Download (~1.1 MB):

http://sqaguru.com/publictest/Geneforge_5_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe

This is a Quick and Dirty version so if it works or dosen't please post...

I doubt it, since what it gives you are skill points. If you put the points in a stat, its pretty much permanent. I think, still kinda new here

I tried it out to get the gold to buy some stuff, and I did the HP part in a few maps to have fun running through mines. Too bad I ended up taking more than 9999 damage in one second. Even if you take less than 9999 per hit, if you run through a large group of nasty mines at once, you can still be toast.

It worked great for me

see the thing is you can more then likely shut down most mines in advance, pylons don't deal as much damage...

although if I update it i will set max hp to about 65535 which is the absolute max (2 byte offset)... also will include a skill resetter that will knock all skills to 1...

P.S over 200 downloads yay smile

P.P.S thanks to the mod for unlocking the thread!, I think its slarty - sorry can't keep up with all the name changes...

This is TOTALLY AWESOME! If this trainer was "quick and dirty" I'd like to see some of your more serious work!

This is most of what you need for a "character editor" as well as elevating and locking some key abilities in a true "old school" trainer style.

Great piece of work!

Thank you! Used it once and made 7 fully buffed creations. Duped some items, got some coins, saved game, re-loaded without trainer and got to keep all the goodies!

I'm not 100% sure. v 1.0.0 works fine for me. I believe it should work fine with the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 because the trainer works directly with memory locations. The fixes versions shouldn't have changed that as they targeted specific issues unrelated to the trainer.

Just try it out. If any of it's target areas in memory changed it simply won't work. And if it doesn't Pyro could update his original after a specific version becomes official.

Just tested with 1.0.1's .exe and trainer didn't work on my machine either.

As I said earlier I'm running the v1.0.0's .exe and it works. [if it ain't broke, don't fix it!]

Did you actually download and install the demo (Geneforge5Demo.exe) and it had 1.0.1 incorporated in it ?

If so, get the Geneforge 5.exe file with v1.0.0 executable and maybe the game and trainer will both work for you, as they have for me and most others.

If I can help, let me know. I can create and PM you a link to the single file Geneforge 5.exe which is all you need for testing it.

First of all thank you!

I was using the 1.0.0 version of the demo, but with my Win XP SP2 2006 laptop, I was one of those who had terribly slow perfomance turning the game unplayable. I downloaded the 1.0.1 test beta patch (or something like that :)) and it solved my problems, the game started to run normally. Therefore, I'm a bit afraid of reinstalling version 1.0.0 frown I'd rather keep dying and being poor tongue than not being able to play becuase it's too slow frown

it works fine im now a mad mad mad shaper rebel who pwns every shaper in his way the shaper council hates me becuz i pwnt alwan and rawal (time to die rawal owch) xD making lvl 50 drakons who do flames of death controlin the poor humans to fight each other i go in torment with it for a bit of balancing im a bit stuck at the Taygen's city they killed my 3 drakons and 4 gazers even with my hypnotical mind and my canister adict lol.

Originally Posted By: Darkdread
First of all thank you!
I was using the 1.0.0 version of the demo, but with my Win XP SP2 2006 laptop, I was one of those who had terribly slow perfomance turning the game unplayable. I downloaded the 1.0.1 test beta patch (or something like that :)) and it solved my problems, the game started to run normally. Therefore, I'm a bit afraid of reinstalling version 1.0.0 frown I'd rather keep dying and being poor tongue than not being able to play becuase it's too slow frown

If you don't mind scripting:

Go here for cheats

For money and weapon.

umm okay guys i updated the trainer (now 1.5) using G5 version 1.00 for my testing. 3 new features... working good so far

I then updated using the official 1.0.1 patch and the trainer didn't break... if you havn't already, try using the OFFICIAL patch and try the trainer on that...?

new links on first page its v1.5

The new features are awesome. I appreciate the "Set skill points to..." slider a lot.

Unfortunately, the HP, Essence and Duplicate functions do not seem to work for my existing characters. I went back and made a new character (I'd been meaning to try a Sorceress anyway...) and they work fine for her.

I am not sure what the difference is, exactly. The functions work fine on new characters, and on one save I made while still in the 1st area. On every other save, they don't seem to work. Taking the existing characters back to the Pacification Fields doesn't help, so I suspect it is not zone-based. The only thing I can think of is that I have used quick-saves on all the other games except for that first normal save back in the first zone...

Originally Posted By: Darkdread
even with the new version, still doesn't work for me frown
*using windows XP - SP2 - G5 + Patch testv 1.0.1
frown

patch test?

thats the unofficial patch jeff put out, you can now updates to a offcial version which has everything in that patch plus a few more i believe...

• 2 weeks later...

Lerman's Pass: Teleport south to north: x48 y5

Lerman's Pass: Teleport north to south: x38 y58

or better yet: x38 y59 and you land at lower map!

Enchanted Anvil in Testing Halls: x50 y57

This Enchanted Anvil is on the far right

and behind 2 closed doors. Much faster.

Enchanted Anvil in Dera South Shore: x5 y5

The hatch in Dera South Shore that opens into

Lost Dera Vault x32 y53

Note: You have to at least enter the particular location

before using any particular set of coordinates.

Originally Posted By: -=microphage=-
Originally Posted By: Fred Astaire
I tried out the trainer, but apparently I have version 1.0.2...is there a trainer for that game version? I accidentally got stuck in the sea caves with not enough essence pods.

I have v1.0.2 and v1.5 of the trainer and they work fine.

How did you get that to work? I didn't grab the game until it was version 1.0.2, but both the 1.0 and 1.5 trainers have no effect at all when used, i tried running them from the desktop, the geneforge 5 folder, the saves folder, the actual folder of the save i loaded, nothing every time, if you can get it working, please tell me the secret. Edit: or tell me how to downgrade the game somehow.

Wow sorry for taking so long, thanks for being patient I've been swamped (exams and work)...

anyway heres the update for G5 v.1.0.2 (latest official patch) download also found in first post of this thread...

unfortunatly no new features...

http://sqaguru.com/publictest/Geneforge_5_102_QND_Trainer_Pyro.exe

I have tested it and it seems to work at any point of the game...

the reset skills button is a bit iffy...it will only reset the skills that you have added points to, any skills that you trained with a NPC trainer won't be reset...otherwise it works fine for me...

of course all comments are appreciated...

PS this is NOT AN APRIL FOOLS PRANK wink